Will AOE4 have another beta?

Will AOE4 have another beta before release?

1 Like

I hope so. The Beta was “BETA 1”, so let’s keep the fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2: to have a “BETA 2”

1 Like

Don’t have a precise, official statement on my hands, but everyone is saying at least one beta will be organized before the launch of IV.

In order to provide feedback one would need to lay his hands on the product, so I guess that’s telling we’ll be able to play one more time :slight_smile:

Yes. There will be an open beta at some point as confirmed by Eliot at Relic Entertainment on Reddit.

5 Likes

Damn Redditors ahead of us Insiders! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :grin:
Honestly never visited anything AoE-related on Reddit. I guess I’ll give it a go.

1 Like

I feel you. If you want to stay completely up to date, you need to follow everyone everywhere.

1 Like

I guess the only interesting thing here is that Microsoft didn’t order everyone just to stick to this official website and its forum, in order to promote their stuff more. Or at least a parity when it comes to information distribution.

In layman’s terms, ageofempires.com should be the base for communication with the community. It’s fine, and preferred to have people present elsewhere, but maybe not to the point where people following the things that are the closest to Microsoft know less and have fewer Dev interactions than in some other forums. Maybe except for some Relic forums? But even then AoE IV ain’t some indie game, Microsoft would probably ought to prefer to direct all eyeballs to their stuff :slight_smile:

2 Likes

good news, thanks for the info

I agree with what you’re saying. On the other hand, if a dev announces an open beta (or anything else) around here it kinda becomes “official” news, so if for whatever reason it doesn’t happen, at least it was just some guy saying stuff on reddit, so there’s less repercussion/responsibility for him.