Will I ever be able to play again?

I cannot play AOE2:DE anymore.

Since the November update my game have been very unstable. For the first 10 min (roughly until Castle age) my game runs fine. As soon as the battles start my performance drops to a constant lag.

I have a score of 1088 on the performance test and before the November update I regularly played with no issues.

I have waited patiently for them to release a hotfix that will remove the lag that they caused but it has been a month now and I STILL CAN’T PLAY. I love the game and I only wish to be able to play again.

I have heard a lot of people on this forum thanking the devs for the free updates and “content” they have been giving us. I am also thankful that they have kept on working on a 20-year-old game. I however do not care for the events they have built into the game monthly as each of them causes instability or unplayability for me.

I hope to get some feedback if other players share my problems and grievances and to hear if it is fair to be frustrated with the poor quality I have experienced.

It scares me that this issue might never be addressed and that I will to be able to play the game that I love so much.

3 Likes

This is so dramatic. Why not send a report directly to Ask for Help sub-forum instead? This is for discussion, not technical support.

1 Like

Well if that’s not a legitimate point to discuss I don’t know what should be. OP isn’t the only one experiencing this and MS is well aware of the issue. So I guess complementary to filing technical reports, it’s on the community to keep raising this point until the game runs stable again.

4 Likes

I have filed a technical report and contacted AOE2 support…

This is why I made the topic: “I hope to get some feedback if other players share my problems and grievances and to hear if it is fair to be frustrated with the poor quality I have experienced”.

1 Like