Will the game be digital only? D:

I don’t have a credit card and don’t plan to get one for atleast a year, and I mostly only buy games if they have retail version too. Downloading it would be a pain too because my internet is kinda garbage (in this game’s case not rly but you know what I mean)

@akosmeister said:
I don’t have a credit card and don’t plan to get one for atleast a year, and I mostly only buy games if they have retail version too. Downloading it would be a pain too because my internet is kinda garbage (in this game’s case not rly but you know what I mean)

Unfortunately, 99% yes, digital only. Hope they will release some kind of physical Collector’s edition or something like that, but by now it seems that they only plan to release it digital… shame.

@the_choson_one said:

@akosmeister said:

Unfortunately, 99% yes, digital only. Hope they will release some kind of physical Collector’s edition or something like that, but by now it seems that they only plan to release it digital… shame.

AFAIK there are no plans to release it digitally.

I believe it is being released exclusively as a digital download from the windows store.

@RWNorthPole said:

@the_choson_one said:

@akosmeister said:

When I said ‘digitally’, wanted to mean Windows Store (not physical version).

@the_choson_one said:

@RWNorthPole said:

@the_choson_one said:

@akosmeister said:

When I said ‘digitally’, wanted to mean Windows Store (not physical version).

Oh, woops.

*release it physically.

It’s digital exclusive, like @“Andy P” said. I need to get more sleep and less work…

@“Andy P” said:
I believe it is being released exclusively as a digital download from the windows store.

Then whys there physical soundtrack CD? Are you hiding something? Like collectors edition!!

I am not hiding anything. I don’t work for Microsoft. Not sure what would be so exciting about something called a collectors edition, but I am sure everyone’s thirst for AoE1-3 will be met soon enough.

@UnboltedCord996 said:

@“Andy P” said:

Then whys there physical soundtrack CD? Are you hiding something? Like collectors edition!!

They said on their twitter that is was only for Giveaway.

https://twitter.com/AgeOfEmpires/status/914947959162150913

@“Andy P” said:
I am not hiding anything. I don’t work for Microsoft. Not sure what would be so exciting about something called a collectors edition, but I am sure everyone’s thirst for AoE1-3 will be met soon enough.
Oh I see the tweet. Thank you for clarification./

Would have loved a physical release with a second disc for the soundtrack :frowning:

@“Roivas Alenko” said:
Would have loved a physical release with a second disc for the soundtrack :frowning:

Same but that mean some investment from Microsoft in order to sell physical copies of the game. So it is better for them a digital versión, no extra work needed for making a box or lot of CD’s for either the game or soundtrack.

@KingDarBoja said:

@“Roivas Alenko” said:

Same but that mean some investment from Microsoft in order to sell physical copies of the game. So it is better for them a digital versión, no extra work needed for making a box or lot of CD’s for either the game or soundtrack.

Of course, it would cost quite a bit more if they had to work with retailers and physically supply the games. It comes at almost no cost to use their existing massive infrastructure to sell it.