Will there be a feature to deactivate the golden ghosts?

Am I the only one that see a glitch more than a cool feature? can you really tell what those ghosts are doing? I am really concerned about the fact that the whole art department accept this like a good feature to be used in the final version?

(from latest stream)

11 Likes

I doubt they’ll add an option for that. The golden ghosts are a part of the ‘modern looking back at history’ art choice. It may not be a favored art choice, but it’s the devs’ choice.

6 Likes

well it would be cool if they improve those ghosts animations then, like maybe slow down the animations and instead of desappear and reappear just stay there working. But its really annoying to see something flickering and you cant even understand what the are doing :confused:

3 Likes

I wish they just weren’t in fast forward like that imo.

5 Likes

really hope they will have that option. The golden ghosts look extremly ugly and weird
if the game wont have mod support at start there wont be a way to remove them else

6 Likes

I understand who dont like golden ghost but I like them. They are elegant. I hope there is option in the game for the golden ghosts.:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Golden ghosts are not that good when you want to select Landmakrs or huge buildings. Some buildings are similar visually to others and even that golden skeleton doesn’t help that much. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

if the mod support the game gets is anything like in relics last 2 games (coh2/dow3), you will never be able to remove them at all.

1 Like

In AoE3 you can mod the game to Hel. There are complete overhauls of the game on Mod DB and Nexusmods. The devs also said ‘full’ mod support so I hope they mean it.

The golden ghosts can be either modded away when they allow mods after release, or the devs can take our feedback. We’ll see I guess.

Relic said that for coh2 aswell, even kept saying they want it for dow3 after it was announced. Those things being said by relic kinda lost any meaning tbh.

2 Likes

I agree, they do not add anything to the game. Just more clutter, and are way too fast and disappearing and reappearing is annoying. They are pointless. pretty much the same for the siege units too, but I really wish they had real crew.

Too many visual light effects overall muddy up the experience, and I mean that as someone who will be a watcher more than a player.

This goes along with all the building foundations that highlight bright yellow every time a building is placed, and all the light trailer effects, lines to drop off points, units with buffs are glowing, unit hit point boxes etc… there is almost nothing a player can do that when clicks on does not drastically change the game appearance for a second. With high APM players this is really difficult to watch

Game might need a seizure warning with how flashy and often things pop up. As a watcher this will be very distracting and unappealing to the simplicity of AOE 2 and AOE 3, that show off more of the map and units more like a living movie.

5 Likes

Any other developer would have change the art, graphics and removed the golden ghost by this point but relic are so proud of the art direction that they will never change anything… Even with the amount of complain( not o ly in this forums but any social network or even gaming magazines) that’s why I stop criticizing the game it seems that devs only listen to minor things like bell sound of TC.

When it comes to graphics and art style it is disappointing, they don’t have what is needed to make the real changes…

3 Likes

When I first saw them, I laughed so hard. I mean, we can see that villagers are already working at the building, what was the need of ghosts and what are they even doing? they just appear and disappear quickly at various places. So instead of focussing on other important things, our eyes try to catch a glimpse at them. and I agree with @howlingwolfpaw there is jut too much of yellow and gold everywhere. Gatherpoints, buildings glow, map borders, and relics. Even before placing the buildings, it shows us yellow building outline, I would have preferred the old style where we could actually see how the buildings looked like before placing it.
They thought all this glitter would give this game a 2021 look, but sadly it doesn’t.

7 Likes

yes terrible mistake, to add a 2021 feeling we just need plenty of details in the graphics, as easy as that…

2 Likes