Windows Display Language and the Enhanced Graphics Pack prevents AoE2 from starting

Same here.
Bought from windows store.
Game set in french. When reinstalling Enhanced Graphics Pack, it works once.

Terribly frustrating, even more when this bug is known for months now…

Same problem for me, Windows 10 last build, italian language, game purchased from microsoft store. (also, when I installed the game first time (without dlc) it didn’t started , issue resolved reinstalling Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (x64) as suggested by blueblur22, but then adding dlc not working anymore as described above).
Switching to english (or enabling/disabling dlc every time) work… but of course I prefer windows in my original language

I updated the game today. I’m frustrated with the Enhanced Graphics Pack game launch situation. The problem still persists. The attitude of Microsot support is shameful. I legally tested the game as part of the Insiders program, everything worked in the final. After finishing Insiders, I legally bought the game on the Microsoft Store. Since purchase, the EGP game cannot be started without switching languages. I am considering an official complaint in the court and a request for a refund.

Milos

1 Like

This is the current Error Code:

Initializing Localization Manager
Exception type 0xc0000005 occurred at 00007ff6a35da84f
Writing out log

Versions now:

• Build Basegame: 101.101.37650.0
  • Build DLC Grafics: 101.101.36059.0

New Version available - same error.

Error Code now:

Initializing Localization Manager
Exception type 0xc0000005 occurred at 00007ff7ef3aa9ef
Writing out log

Versions:

• Build Basegame: 101.101.37906.0
  • Build DLC Grafics: 101.101.36059.0

Hi, same here on a fresh install. Exception type 0xc0000005 occurred at 00007ff7b944a9ef. Language was French-Canadian.

1 Like

Hello, same issue here with german language! (Microsoft Store version, Windows 10 Home v2004 build 19041.329)

I have to deactivate the Enhanced Graphics everytime before I close the game otherwise it won’t start again unless I reset the whole game.
Changing the Windows-language to English makes it work, too. But this is not really an option as I would like to use Windows in German…

I hope this gets fixed soon!

1 Like

And staff doesn’t seem to care :frowning:

4 Likes

Bumping because this is still happening and its pretty annoying. Didn’t had this issue until a few weeks ago when I had to reinstall the app.

My Windows display language is in Spanish.

3 Likes

Fixed for me. I don’t know it’s the patch 39515 or 39284, or something else (my Windows is up to date), but all is working in my native language now :slight_smile:.

1 Like

Yes, fixed for me as well since a couple of days ago.

1 Like

I can confirm too, that the issue got resolved in the last patch :partying_face:

Thanks a lot AoE Staff :slight_smile:

I am getting this launch error for the past few days.

I followed all the workaround instructions, but nothing works for me. I dont have enhanced graphic pack(installed and uninstalled earlier).

As soon as the video starts app closes automatically. I uninstalled and installed AOE2DE for atleast 5 times. .Really frustrating could someone help.

Launching intro video AOEIIDE_TITLEVIDEO
Setting up video system
Opening video
Setting up interface messages
Loading player profile
Setting up hotkeys
Total Initialization Time: 141952 ms
Running Game
Total Texture Load Time: 0 ms
XBL Update Manager - Checking for updates
[rlink - error] 2020/11/10 23:17:50.114 (UTC) CallContext::SetComplete - ExtendedError -9 for CommunityEventsCache. Exception ID -1.

[rlink - error] 2020/11/10 23:17:50.114 (UTC) CommunityEventsCache - response was failure: -9 We are not connected

Exception type 0xc0000005 occurred at 00007ff6664b8f43
Writing out log

I think that this is a different issue than the one discussed here.

I could’t find a simmilar issue with the same error messages.
Therefore please open a new ticket/ thread under this category and post you error message there.
Please use the ticket template and provide as much information (the more the better) as possible, like I did here in the first post.

To your error: The game says that quite clearly that it could not connect to a server, or got an invalid response.
This could be anything, e.g. incorrect/ missing certificates, incorrct system time, Antivirus, Firewall (on your machine or in your network/ router), blocked Egress Port, Proxy, Network Configuration, host file, …
If you have the time and knowledge, I’d recommend to run wireshark and check if you can find and analyze the failing connect attempt.

Hi Pihaar,

Thank you. Please advice how to raise a new ticket for my issue. I dont see any option to create one in this site.

Thanks,
Anantha

Hi Anantha,

I’m sorry for the late response, I did not got a notification that you’ve replied to me.

Normally you can open the ticket here:
https://forums.ageofempires.com/c/age-of-empires-ii/aoe2-de-bugs/102
On this page, you need to click the + button on the right below.

Otherwise use this form: https://support.ageofempires.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Kind regards,
Patrick