Winged Hussar

From what I can tell the majority of players are from windows store/xbox, and these don’t show on steam charts.

1 Like

My overall point is more DLC is not guaranteed.

2 Likes

At the same time, it is not guaranteed they will not shut down the servers tomorrow night. I don’t think AoE3 DE is in any significant danger, the same team that handles Aoe3DE is also doing aoe2DE, and I doubt they will kill both off just to force more players into aoe4 (this will backfire spectacularly).
Once people are done playing the aoe4 campaign, that game will likely have the same general population as aoe3DE, given that MP is outright terrible and imbalanced.

i haven’t heard nice things about the AI either.

Off course they won’t kill both AOE II and AOE III otherwise Forgotten Empires will cease to exist.

If you compare the player numbers of AOE IV with this week, it already has quite a drop, e.g. in the opening weekend it hit 73k and past weekend it was 62 k, so already a drop of 10k in just a week.

I’ve watched a fair share of competitive players but got bored since most of them are playing French all the time for their fabled ELO.

My bet is that they aren’t hints, and USA and Ethiopia wasn’t hinted either in the past: they just decided to recycle things and made the USA civ, while probably Ethiopia was at some time started, but finally it didn’t made the cut.

I think that probably Morocco will be the last DLC for AoE III

3 Likes