Wingless Hussar as a scenario editor unit?

It is quite odd to see light cavalry with wings for all civilizations. Only polish slav hussars used wings. Wingless Hussar was a very common modded unit throughout HD workshop unit graphics… Can we please get some changes to the original Hussar or get a Wingless Hussar as Scenario Editor graphics? A wingless model will fit all civilizations much better.

3 Likes

I like winged hussar for aesthetic reasons and am against all attempts to change this. Developers may add wingless hussar as scenario editor unit though.

2 Likes

It is odd that not only the look of winged hussars but also the wrong translation in Traditional Chinese. It is called “匈牙利輕騎兵” (“Hungarian Light Cavalry”), no matter what civ you play, so weird.

2 Likes

I think as a workaround you can use renamed light cavalry with tweaked stats in your scenarios, or even Scythian scouts. For the wrong Chinese traduction, I think it sounded like a good idea to the traductors before the Forgotten. It’s like in Spanish where they used the genitour’s name for knights, so genitours are just “mounted skirmisher” for them. Or you have the french version who hasn’t 2 words for crossbows, so the basic crossbowmen is renamed “bow infantryman” up to Hd… and in DE they mistakenely renamed the Arbalest “heavy bow infantryman”. However, I think we will eventually get most of these mistakes fixed, as (at least in the french version) I noticed a lot of 20 yrs-old errors were fixed, as well as some from the expansions.

1 Like

There was only Tradition Chinese version of the game in the 20-years-ago beginning and already had many wrong names like “Hungarian Light Cavalry” for Hussars, “Rider” for Cavaliers, “Ji Polearm Soldier” for Halberdiers and “Musketeer” for Hand Cannoneers. Although they were not the right or near name, Taiwanese players had just ignored them because there was no way to argue or ask for fixing at that time.

When the HD edition released, there was only Simple Chinese version and a short disappointing justification that MS lost their old data about Traditional Chinese. Taiwanese players only used Traditional Chinese mod made by ourselves in Steam workshop because there were many Chinese usages in that Simple Chinese version instead of Taiwanese usages we using. In this mod, some wrong were got fixed, but Hussars who should be called “驃騎兵” or “輕騎兵” in the accurate got a new name “翼騎兵” (“Winged Cavalry”) because the former were used by Magyar Huszars and the later shared the same name with Light Cavalries in Traditional Chinese. If Hussars lose their wings, the name will be wrong again.

Although the DE edition have Traditional Chinese version, it still has some 20-year-old wrong translations and some Chinese usages like HD without the corrected names from the HD mod, Hussars are called Hungarian Light Cavalry now officially, such a shame.

1 Like

Ooof, that must have felt harsh for the community. I hope they will answer those problems in the chinese localization problems thread

1 Like

sure we just need a scenario editor unit, it’s graphics can then be assigned to the respective units by data mods.
it is a very popular unit in the old workshop, it will be great to get it back. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

using light cavalry model is not really an option as it creates problem in unit recognition. it should be distinguishable when the hussars are upgraded,

1 Like

Oh! it’s quite strange that Chinese Players get the name “Hungarian Light Cavalry” for all civs?!!
I think it should be given priority to be fixed ASAP.

1 Like

Oh, since you were mentionning the scenario editor I was thinking of this solution. But right now only solution is mods I guess.

1 Like

No mod can professionally create a proper wingless hussar model. :thinking:

1 Like

Oh my god!!!
yes!!! please do so!

i am so tired of those ridiculous wings that it actually makes me not wanna play the game :frowning:

2 Likes

Aren’t light cavalry just hussars without wings?

2 Likes

you can simply say “polish hussars”

+1 to the suggestion, even in the main game beyond the editor

1 Like

No they have different helmets.
latestLightcavalry_aoe2DE

This is what we are asking as a scenario unit.
Hussar_aoe2DE

1 Like

Additionally remove wings from the Magyar UU Huszar, as its current design is a misrepresentation.

2 Likes