Wonders for a potential Indian split?

I’d like the Indian civ to be split like with AoE2 Indians, and I know some other people who do as well, but I’ll admit I don’t know much about Indian history, so I have no idea what could be the wonders of the new civilizations.

I was wondering if anyone has ideas for that.

4 Likes

IMO the best way to include possible Marathas would be giving them the African style progression instead where they bring a new clan/region into the confederacy and gains bonuses from that.

Similarly a possible Brit East India company could follow the Euro new world civs like US in aging up. They would add new Indian states to their conquest and gain bonuses.

Possible Mughals keep the current wonder progression.

2 Likes

Although I don’t like Asian civilizations, I don’t see a problem with adding more, but if what you are looking for is to separate India into two civilizations or more, I think it would be convenient to change the Age UP system for these civilizations and the new india, basically that they have their own identity.

2 Likes

I have a lot of problems with the Asian civilizations in AoE3 (mainly the weird focus on religion which is also a problem for native american civs) but I feel the consulate and wonder systems make it really hard to design any other potential Asian civs
Personally I’d be totally fine with those being removed completely from the pre-existing Asian civs

4 Likes

(Edit) The wonder system and consulate are mechanics that have always seemed very dissonant to the game.

I’m going to say something controversial, but African civilizations have the system that Asian civilizations should have had. :laughing:

(Correction) In fact it seems that I misread the text, a thousand apologies, I ate (de) while I was reading it.

I said remove the consulate and wonder age up system, not remove the civs that have them:P

1 Like

They should really just move away from wonders altogether and go for something more like generic landmarks. It’s really dumb to build the Taj Mahal on the frontiers of the new world.

Landmarks based on distinctive architectural styles of forts, palaces, temples, and monuments would all work.

Karni Mata could get replaced by a Stepwell.

There could be a great Bazaar or Caravanserai to represent the Grand Trunk Road.

There are some treasure temples in southern India that would make for an interesting wonder. These could be a building similar to Banks for a South Indian civ, and there could be a bigger landmark version.

4 Likes

huh, I actually like the idea of building landmarks instead of having the literal Taj Mahal in a random part of the world. Damn, such a little change would do so much to make the civilizations feel less like carnival rides while still maintaining the essence of the gameplay.

5 Likes

Some of the existing wonders have generic names, despite more or less modelled upon real buildings. Eg. Confucian Academy, Great Buddha, Torii, Shogunate.
They could be considered as a separate building with a similar style and function as the one in reality, not so different from a “barracks” or “town center”. Like you can build a Confucian academy everywhere, but not the exact Taj Mahal. This make more sense than constructing the exact building every time.

BTW some AOE4 landmarks also sound very specific though they seem to intentionally avoid real world names. But they will eventually run out of names.

They should move away from all the specific references including appearance. Several of the wonders have some really obvious generic replacements that would fit their function perfectly.

Karni Mata being replaced by a Stepwell makes so much more sense. A well improving gathering rates of nearby farms/resources makes logical sense while a rat temple doing this doesn’t.

Confucian Academy makes fancy gunpowder units so it could be replaced by a Fireworks Workshop. It could also have some of the new features rolled into it such as an ability like the Royal Fireworks from the House of Hanover. Exploding once destroyed like a Depot would also be fitting.

Temple of Heaven ships a Town Rickshaw right now. Replacing it with a Fortified Village landmark that has Town Centre functionality would be fitting.

2 Likes

I’d be more in favor of landmarks that can be found all over the real-world Civ it represents, rather than one-off landmarks. Landmarks that represent the style of the civ can still be unique to that civ.

A simple google search gives me

Mughal monuments

From sources across the web

[image]

t0.gstatic.com

Taj Mahal

[image]

t3.gstatic.com

Humayun’s Tomb

[image]

t2.gstatic.com

Red Fort

[image]

t2.gstatic.com

Agra Fort

![image of Jama Masjid, #################################################################################################################################################################
t3.gstatic.com

Jama Masjid, Delhi

![image of Fatehpur #################################################################################################################################################################
t3.gstatic.com

Fatehpur Sikri

image of Akbar

Akbar

image of Badshahi Mosque

t3.gstatic.com

Badshahi Mosque

image of Tomb of Akbar the Great

Tomb of Akbar the Great

image of Buland Darwaza

t0.gstatic.com

Buland Darwaza

image of Bibi Ka Maqbara

t0.gstatic.com

Bibi Ka Maqbara

![image of Safdarjung ################################################################################################################################################################
t0.gstatic.com

Safdarjung Tomb

image of Itmad-ud-Daula

Itmad-ud-Daula

image of Humayun

Humayun

![image of Lahore ########################################################################################################################################

Lahore Fort

image of Shalamar Garden

Shalamar Garden

image of Pari Mahal

Pari Mahal

image of Purana Qila

t0.gstatic.com

Purana Qila

![image of Tomb of Salim ############################################################################################################################################

Tomb of Salim Chishti

image of Akbar Fort, Prayagraj

t0.gstatic.com

Akbar Fort, Prayagraj

![image of Shalimar Bagh, ####################################################################################################################################################################
t3.gstatic.com

Shalimar Bagh, Srinagar

image of Qutub Minar

t1.gstatic.com

Qutub Minar

image of Wazir Khan Mosque

Wazir Khan Mosque

image of Gousia store

Gousia store

Maratha Monuments is only Forts it seems.