Wonders

Wonders are one of the coolest things in Age of Empires. Can each civilization have a different wonder, or this is not supported by the source code?

There are 5 wonders in the base game, and there will be 5 in DE (I think) - although, of course, they look visually amazing and have awesome falling animations.

I’m sure each civ “could” have a different Wonder, however at this stage there will not be any unique units. If the game got really popular and demanded it, they might think about it.

Yamato Wonder is… Choson wonder is?..

@Augustusman said:
Yamato Wonder is… Choson wonder is?..

A statue of a horse/samurai, and a large tower XD

@Penelinfi said:
I’m sure each civ “could” have a different Wonder, however at this stage there will not be any unique units. If the game got really popular and demanded it, they might think about it.

Some ideas:

Roman: Colosseum
Yamato: Daisen Kofun
Macedon: Mausoleum of Halicarnassus ( the best i could think of )
Greek: Statue of Zeus at Olympia
Shang: Terracotta Army
Choson: Goguryeo Palace
Persian: Residence of Persepolis
Egyptians: Pyramid
Babylonians: Hanging Gardens
Minoan: Palace of Cnossos
Assyria: Great Temple Of Nusku
Phoenicia: Palace of Hazor
Sumer: Ziggurat
Hittite: Fortress Of Hattusa
Carthage: Palace of the Elders
Palmyra: Great Temple of Baal

Egyptians : Must build 3 wonders to get wonder countdown, wonders 1/3 cost and 1/3 time to build, 1/3 HP.

It would be great, I love wonders, but in the ingame images seems to be the same of the original game only : (

@Totalste said:

@Penelinfi said:

Some ideas:

Roman: Colosseum
Yamato: Daisen Kofun
Macedon: Mausoleum of Halicarnassus ( the best i could think of )
Greek: Statue of Zeus at Olympia
Shang: Terracotta Army
Choson: Goguryeo Palace
Persian: Residence of Persepolis
Egyptians: Pyramid
Babylonians: Hanging Gardens
Minoan: Palace of Cnossos
Assyria: Great Temple Of Nusku
Phoenicia: Palace of Hazor
Sumer: Ziggurat
Hittite: Fortress Of Hattusa
Carthage: Palace of the Elders
Palmyra: Great Temple of Baal

This is an interesting list, but I like the greek wonder, it reminds me of the Colossus of Rhodes. As for Macedon, it could be something from Hellenistic archicture.

Lol someone is serious about my wonder suggestions :slight_smile: They are not serious suggestions :wink:

I also hope that each civ has its own unique wonder. But I think the five that are already, are beautiful. they just have to add the rest.

I differ with Totalste. Persians should have Ishtar Gate.

@korowizard said:
I also hope that each civ has its own unique wonder. But I think the five that are already, are beautiful. they just have to add the rest.

Persians have the gate of all nations.

@korowizard said:

Well, first of all the Ishtar Gate is originally a Babylonian construction. And to be fair it would be strange to have a gate in a game with no gates :smiley: :smiley:

Sorry I mean stairs of all nations

I’m surprised no one has come across these: http://aoe.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=17,6330,10

I think all the unique wonders rendered there are absolutely perfect for AoE1 and they just need to be updated to Definitive Edition.

@Epid said:
I’m surprised no one has come across these: http://aoe.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=17,6330,10

I think all the unique wonders rendered there are absolutely perfect for AoE1 and they just need to be updated to Definitive Edition.
I’m sure someone else says few based in this list.

@Totalste said:

Well, first of all the Ishtar Gate is originally a Babylonian construction. And to be fair it would be strange to have a gate in a game with no gates :smiley: :smiley:

Persia conquered Babylon so it would be basically the same, and the gate can be a great monument, which does not necessarily play the role of gate in the game.

As for the aoeheaven models, they are perfect, I hope they take them into account for this DE. I always said that Carthage needs different constructions than Rome, and if they do a modeling for buildings of Carthage, those same will serve for Phoenician.

@korowizard said:

@Totalste said:

Persia conquered Babylon so it would be basically the same, and the gate can be a great monument, which does not necessarily play the role of gate in the game.

As for the aoeheaven models, they are perfect, I hope they take them into account for this DE. I always said that Carthage needs different constructions than Rome, and if they do a modeling for buildings of Carthage, those same will serve for Phoenician.

Romans conquered Egypt so the pyramids is roman.

You guys hears about the “stairs of All Nation in Persepolis” they used that Wonder in AoE Online.