Would you buy the "architecture pack" DLC?

Over the years, many new non-European nations have appeared in AoE3. Some of them share the appearance of some buildings (like farms etc), but apart from that, each of the these nations has its own original architectural style.

The original European nations (as well as those added later), however, share one of 3 sets (West, East, and South European), which differ internally only in the church building. Meanwhile, even in the low-budget game Cossacks 3, individual European nations have their own distinctive architectural style. Simple example below:

Would you pay for a DLC that would only add some new building models for the European nations, providing them with an architectural diversity similar to that of the all nations in Cossacks 3 or the non-European nations in AoE3?

• Yes
  • No
0 voters
3 Likes

Definitely although I’d say out of the original AOE3 civs Ottomans could do with a unique architecture the most. The Mediterranian one isn’t a terrible fit but they do look a bit odd. Theres 6 civs using that same style so it would be nice for visual variety if there was one less.

6 Likes

Would go for “building customization”, like when you add flags to the home city, only for whatever building you want to customize (Even if it uses 800 extra GB of space lol)

2 Likes

I oppose paying for skins on principle.

i am worried if the game really can handle this.

3 Likes

Current architecture is fine. Only problem is with some ottoman buildings. Following Cossack III we would have weird stuff like the native Royal house ambassy that looks absolutely out of place. No.

Whilst I love the Cossacks games, I actually dislike how some of the buildings are landmark, real buildings which would irk me - as a British player of Cossacks I really hated multiple Big ben(Westminster) Town Centers for example. Not particularly immersive! (Also why I dislike complete real life structures for the AD wonders!)

Also a completely opposite thing to AoE3 is that the architecture is that specifically of the home nation, if not the home nation’s capital - which makes the settlement you create for you civ a bit weird.

4 Likes

Campaign DLC yes, Hero skin DLC, Civ DLC yes, Buildset no.

2 Likes

I agree! If unique buildsets were added to current civs, this should be through a free update, just like for the european unique skins.

5 Likes

Hello, I hope you are doing very well and with respect to your post: if they change the skins of the Ottoman buildings, I would be happy. Greetings.

2 Likes

I’m tired of overall changes that should apply to non-European civs, only applying to European civs

1 Like

Extra 800 gb would be overkill XD

1 Like

If there is a DLC like this that can enhance immersion, I will definitely buy it.

3 Likes

PodrĂ­amos tener un mod arquitectĂłnico creado por la comunidad, AoE2DE tiene uno que cambia los edificios por facciĂłn.

3 Likes

Maybe this is a good time to resume this discussion?

Reminded me of my mod I create seven years ago by using the wall and roof textures over the church and extending them to all buildings.

Honestly it ain’t too difficult to replicate such a reskin on DE as a mod if anyone has a little bit time to invest

8 Likes

I think it’s high time to add continental Architecture Sets for European civs instead of the current “colonial” ones. They are now out of place since we have European maps.

Postcolonial civs such as the USA and Mexicans should “inherit” these current three European Architecture Sets in their entirety. The USA civ has a Western European Architecture Set, the Mexicans have a Southern European Architecture Set (this Architecture Set will be abused if more civs from Latin America are created).
The Northern European Architecture Set could be used for such post-colonial civs as South Africa (or Boers), Caribbean countries like Haiti, Indonesia (due to the fact that many Dutch cities were established in Indonesia during the AoE3 time frame) or even Chile (referring to German-Chilean architecture).

1 Like

It’s funny, just last night I thought it might be interesting to have DLC that was new terrain or graphics updates.

1 Like