Would you like to see new paid content for this game?

I don’t want to sound rude but most of those changes seem pretty radical, even for an expansion. As a spin-off game they might work but not as expansion.

6 Likes

Doesn’t sound rude at all! Thanks Szaladon. I’d be okay with a more typical expansion pack that we’re used to with AoE… as they always put a lot of work into them, and they are fun. (Thank goodness for Conqueror’s Expansion, yeah? :slight_smile: ). At some point, though, would you feel there are enough of the typical AoE civs and campaigns, and it is time to be a bit more creative and expansive with the efforts? It just seems like I’ve hit a saturation point with the number of medieval civs and campaigns available in AoE2 and am ready to take things to another level.

Please note: I’m super happy AoE4 is medieval. So in that respect, I am thrilled. I’m talking purely about AoE2, though.

2 Likes

Could you post a picture of this African Monk unit?What’s its graphic file called?

1 Like

Don’t know where its graphic file is located but I noticed this on the wiki:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/ageofempires/images/0/04/African_monk_aoe2de.png/revision/latest?cb=20200419064915

Amazing! What is this Unit. What is this wiki site? Do you have the site link?
@Juggernaut8704

1 Like

https://ageofempires.fandom.com/wiki/Monk_(Age_of_Empires_II) in the gallery section.

I’m fairly sure it’s just supposed to be a regional variant of the regular Monk, perhaps made just for the sole fact that there’s an Imam, Asian and of course Mesoamerican variants.

4 Likes

I think it’s a stupid idea. This game is not about “The Board”… it’s about two people coming together and challenging each other on the field of battle. The maps and game play should be tweaked very little

Being a “Definitive Edition” I don’t think that additional DLCs that affect gameplay (units, buffs, civilizations) would be ok.
However, I’m willing to pay for DLC containing quality campaigns, cosmetic options (architectural sets, unit skins, music, etc).
I understand that paid DLC are not the best idea, but additional money would turn into more content being developed for the game. Also AOE is not (thankfully) a game designed to suck up your bills with lootboxes or things like that like most cash grabbing games.
As long as it doesn’t turn into horrible DLC fest like some Total War or Paradox titles

2 Likes

Oh, I don’t play multiplayer, but if I could maybe hmm buy in each game a couple of cobra cars for 100 bucks each :moneybag:, then that might just be enough to let me win some cool tournament :trophy:.

Although I am kinda afraid, that mr Viper would have couple of bought tricks as answer to me in a final thanks to all the money he has won :slightly_frowning_face:

Anyone in touch with the developers? Could this unit be added in full?

2 Likes

It is just a custom unused Icon in game files.

All of the above

20 characters

Personnally i feel that at this Point there is barely any way to make more new civs feel distinct enough or really Play different. What more new bonusses and Units could you give them?
I would rather Like to See them adding more civ bonusses or new techs to the existing roster, to make the existing civs more destinct.
I would also Pay for new campaigns and cosmetics. I Like to See a persian, lithuanian, celt (WW is only a Tutorial, i want a real campaign), korean campaign and/or more historical Battles Maps.

1 Like

If I say monk and cavalry civ could be added as Tibetans you would say Lithuanians are there already. But there could be other dynamics to explore too.
Adding one more unique unit for civs lacking a second one would help - Franks, Byzantines, Saracens, Teutons, Celts, etc come to mind.

Agree with your idea on more campaigns and cosmetics, especially for the scenario editor. Also maybe map scenarios set in specific time periods, like 100 Years War, Crusades, Reconquista, Baltic Crusades, Rise of Islam etc. could be interesting, with triggers to simulate a story.

2 Likes

Breakdown of whole thing:Legionary used or Spartans which basically be Shotel warriors with slower attack speed,Increased attack range(spear),Increased pierce defense(Big Shield), Unique bonus: 10-15 Spartan warriors in a group can make a shield wall bonus which increases defense to a Siege Ram OR once below 25%hp do like 35% more damage to units and 50% to buildings

everything you guys wrote, you are right, everything you wrote should be added, so lets hope, that devs will listen to us.

God bless you all

1 Like

Everything is ok for me.

I would like the following:

• new campaigns around Asian civs (Japan, China, Korea).
  • new standalone scenario’s (like battles of the conquerors)
  • new videos/voice-over for those missions
    AND
    a new Microsoft sponsored design competition like in the old days!
2 Likes

I’d love a Fall of Rome expansion, where Romans are added as civilization and Bizantines reworked. These two would have a new building set based in classical architecture. Also, more germanic civilizations should be added, like Vandals or Alamanni. These, and Goths should also have a new building set.

Goth campaign would we reworked to introduce Romans. Also it’d have a new Roman Campaign about Constantine the Great, and a Bizantine campaign about Justinian and Balisarius reconquest of Roman lost land. I’d also add an English campaign against the Viking great heathen army, or the opposite.

This would close the gap there is between the rise of Rome in AOE1 and AOE2

It’s a AOE 1 expansion.

I tend to disagree, AOE2 should stay accurate to History.

They should add Poles tho, they had the winged Hussars anyways.

This should be either a mod/update imo

But the rest do worth to be an expansion.

I still want the El Dorado one to be remade.

1 Like