Would you like to see new paid content for this game?

For me:

1. New Civs
  2. New Architecture sets
  3. New Campaigns

Or I would pay for a built-in custom civilization builder with some rudimentary graphics editor of existing units.

5 Likes

Add in a Regional Unit for Euro civs.

2 Likes

Well Paladin is like a Regional Unit of Euro Civs since no East Asian(Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Mongols, Vietnamese), South Asian(Indian), South East Asian(Khmer, Burmese, Malay), Middle Eastern (Saracen, Turk, Berber), African(Ethiopian, Malians) gets it. While almost all Euro Civs get it (BĢ¶rĢ¶iĢ¶tĢ¶oĢ¶nĢ¶sĢ¶, Franks, Spanish, Huns, Teutons, Magyars, Lithuanians, Celts, Bulgarian, Byzantines etcā€¦)

Excuse me if I missed some civsā€¦

Persians, Huns and Cumans have them, so they are not really an Euro Regional Unit.

They should have been, but they are just generic Super upgrade for Heavy Cavalry.

3 Likes

Huns and Cumans are more related to East Europe in the game I think.
Yeah Persians are an exceptionā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s not really generic considering it is concentrated in only one side of the world, while another side(Africa, East Asia, South Asia, South East Asia, Middle East, MesoAmerica) doesnā€™t get itā€¦

It is not randomly distributed around the world. It is concentrated in one region.

Cumans and Huns are asiatic peoples, the Huns may have the Central European architecture, but that is because of where their campaign is, as they actually had no architecture in real life, and were pure Tent Dwellers.

I wish Paladin was an Euro RU, and if you actually stuck with history (which devs never did) they should have been unique to only the Teutons, Franks and Spanish, as Paladins were tied to the Holy Roman Empire, and were the agents of Charlemagne.

2 Likes

Just as a side note, Britons donā€™t get Paladins :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

But Yes I will like some new Regional Units for all the old AoE2 Civs. They need some more love. To balance out with the civs added in later expansions.

I could imagine the Tufans or a new West African civ getting Paladins. I just see them as generic Heavy Cav unit to be honest.

2 Likes

Africans, Chinese, Byzantines and Middle Easterners already have Camels. Only Euros, Japanese and Koreans are missing RUs.

I would propose a Maceman in the Castle Age with 2/2 Armour, with a mace and kite shield, slow and dealing extra damage to Siege.
They would upgrade to Foot Knight in the Imperial Age, with 3/3 Armour and a bit more health, wielding a lucerne hammer and a heater shield.

Besides the euros, to which I would exclude Italians (Condotierro is already a secondary UU) and Vikings (would be abusive with the extra health), I would also give to the Japanese, the Koreans, and perhaps the Mesos (as they lose 2 units from the Stables, but get only one in return) except for Incas (already have Slingers).

Of course not all civs that have it, would also have the Imperial upgrade.

1 Like

But then will you not question the game balance due to the addition of new units?

Problem with Africa, is besides North Africa, horses were not used a lot.
I could, however, see a Kongolese or Hausa civ with Paladins, specially since the Hausa were known for horse-riding nobility, and Heavy Cavalry charges.

Not really, since it is essentially only a counter-Ram unit, and would greatly help the unit type that suffers the most in the game: Infantry.

No to new ages, no to new civs, no to pay to win multiplayers packs. This game wont need all of those. New scenarios, new architecture, new unit skins, ā€¦ could be nice.

1 Like

I think with huns and Persians, theyā€™re representing their use of cataphracts and other heavy cavalry.

Well, if you went with that, thereā€™d be only 12 of them

1 Like

Well that is a biased opinion of yours, considering you are the same guy saying not to touch the civ balance in favour of historical accuracy in the other threadsā€¦

1 Like

That would be too restrictive, but giving them to just 3 civs, would have been reasonable.

Because the game is not about historical accuracy, but a new Barracks option is gameplay oriented, not representation.

I think new civs would be fun but the devs have a habit with every expansion of making new civs OP and then nerfing them to ground the following months. It has happened time to time, Berbers, Portuguese, Burmese, Malay and Cumans

2 Likes

Words change with situationā€¦
:man_shrugging:

new expansion for me means new civs and a civ specific campaign, for a fitting price point.
But if no full campaign would be possible, Mini-Paks with scenario+nation would also be nice^^

I would however never BUY architectural/graphical changes. thats what Mods/DE were and are for.

1 Like