So what modeling tools did you use? Was it Blender?
It was made by AI. Why do you ask?
Unit variations like this would be so useful if the devs can add them.
Please don’t praise ai
Who’s praising AI. AI will not be able to render the unit frames for use.
I just made this in AI to show how should proper historical unit look like.
This didn’t even need a picture! You think people can’t imagine what a cavalier with a lance would look like?!
And with that reaction you give the devs of AI all the infos they want.
Congrats.
Also. I don’t think your initial cirticism was actually on AI. So what are we even talking about?
I have no idea what you are meaning with this.
“Poisoning a town” isn’t clear…?
Also. You have been told repeatedly to not engage with me. Yet today alone you have quoted me directly and talked about me in a thread to spread negativity about it. Cut it out.
Yes, Cavalry in many cases didn’t use swords. Swords are very unpractical on horseback. Most commonly they used lances or horsemen picks/axes. Types of weapons that had some reach and penetration. Ideally some which would not harm the bearer by sitcking in the hit enemy.
Wait till they realize how much ai is involved in their favorite games
That lance doesn’t even make sense, it looks more like a giant shinai with a spear tip
It is also not straight
And as Tyranno13 said there’s already a unit in the game with an actual lance:
Two things: 1) AI means a lot of things. A game “made with AI” would mean a completely different thing just 5 years ago than it does now. 2) And even if a game I like was made with GenAI, I’d just stop playing it. I won’t suffer from a lack of options, and new developers won’t magically stop showing up one day.
A crown less edward longshanks would be the best unit for lance armed cavalier.frankish paladin is well a paladin.
Yeah I get the AI hate, but nowadays nothing is made without it, theres ai replacing jobs and the ethical discussion, but nothing remotely computer related is made without ai now. Its just the world we’re livin in. Regulating AI and Social and workplace discussions is another thing I agree on, but anything smelling ai, cmon.
Nop.
That’s a justing knight. Not all mounted troops used lances, the sword was still the main weapon, the lance was more there for the charge, and some groups relied more on lances than other, sword is better as a generic style.
Also another detail, knight with those type of lances were not using those types of helmet, as in it’s not the right timestamp.
Cavalier helmet design is the Crusader Great Helm, and the Lancer knights were more widely used after the crusades in europe. One of the reason may eventually be the fact that there is less trees in the middle-east than in europe available to make single-usage-breaking weapon so relying on sword was more legit.
In theory, games on Steam have to declare whether generative AI was used to generate any of their content, and if so, put an “AI Generated Content Disclosure” just above the system requirements.
In practice, I think this relies on developers being honest about their AI use, so good luck with that…
AoE2 doesn’t have an AI Generated Content Disclosure section on its Steam page, but it’s Microslop, so I’m not sure I trust that.




