Xbox controller issue, Y button shortcuts don't work as expected

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 101.102.44203.0 #109739
  • GAME PLATFORM: Xbox Series S
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Xbox

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

When the town center is selected, pressing the Y button does not train a villager, instead it rings the town bell. Likewise, pressing Y button on a temple begins research instead of training a monk.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. select town center or temple
  2. press Y
  3. unexpected result, wrong option given by the game!

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

I expect the Y button to train units, not ring the town bell or give an upgrade.

1 Like

Game settings - Turn “Building Preview” On to fix it during Dark Age. Don’t research “Hand Cart” in Imperial Age to avoid triggering it. Avoid playing as Vikings as “Hand Cart” is automatic in Castle Age. Other Xbox users are still experiencing this issue, but I hope that helps you till they address it.

1 Like

I have also been experiencing this issue. I have posted a thread and a dev replied that they are tracking the issue. Glad you are raising more awareness towards this issue though

1 Like

@A554551N8 I will keep using the hand cart upgrade, and not bother with the “Y” shortcut. I trained my brain to stop using “Y” for anything except attack-move. They should fix this though, because it causes inconsistency for new players.

@ruNNen That’s great that it’s being tracked. I hope they can patch it by the year’s end. They’ll work on freezing and multiplayer issues first I suppose.