Xbox Live Gold

Do you think we will need to pay Xbox Live Gold if there are Microsoft-hosted servers and we want to play on them?

There will be no need to pay for XBOX Live Gold to play multiplayer. Same as in Forza Horizon 3 for PC.

Of course, XBOX Live refers to the network you connect to play multiplayer (Microsoft servers) and not the XBOX gaming system (console).

No, the MP part of the game will be free (provided you buy the game, ofc)

There is no “Gold” version of Xbox Live on the PC

A free Xbox account gives you access to all the MP features for a game on the PC

No. I played Xbox live games in another plataformas, for free.

It’s terribly communicated and at times quite ambigious. So I had to research it as well, but no, multiplayer will be indeed be free. Oddly enogh Microsoft isn’t greedy or suicidal in that regard… which makes you wonder whether the bodysnatchers are amongst us.

I’m not sure, but could be :confused:

It’s an unbelievably dire piece of marketing, isn’t it? Who the ■■■■ thinks up a PC multiplayer system and names it after a console? No end of people will assume this game is on XB1 because it as advertised as having XBL multiplayer.

Presumably this was thought up by the same people who decided that the Xbox One X is in any way a good name for a console.

In windows 10 there is an Xbox app (free) which connects you online with pc and console through a multiplayer system for windows games and Xbox games. Although not compatable with each other. (On the games side but chat is) Hence Xbox live multiplayer.

I understand the ignorance of of a non pc player… Only if your win 10 and use the Xbox app will you understand.

@ScaryBoot said:
In windows 10 there is an Xbox app (free) which connects you online with pc and console through a multiplayer system for windows games and Xbox games. Although not compatable with each other. Hence Xbox live multiplayer.

I understand the ignorance of of a non pc player… Only if your win 10 and use the Xbox app will you understand.

You’ve presented a very good argument as to why the name/brand is terrible.