Yabusames are broken

Literally everything about Japan is OP, including yabusames
Yabusame’s .45 ranged resist is simply insane, they aren’t even countered by skirms. When the Japanese player spams pure yabs it’s unstoppable.
The balance of this game is such nonsense.
No exaggeration, from my experience on the 1v1 ladder range 1500-1700 elo, half of the time I’m versing China, Lakota, India… it’s a testament to how OP those civs are. If there were some nerfs to those civs I’d say the game would be in a good place, but now it’s borderline unplayable the level of unfairness.
End of rant.

1 Like

Yabusames don’t beat skirms, they’re incredibly expensive units and not great vs anything other than artillery.

6 Likes

yabu are heckin exponsive. they are quite flimsy too in melee. If an opponent has the eco to spam yabu in a 1v1 idk what happened. japan is quite strong (always has been) but ironically they struggle against china and lakota right now, the other #trending civs.

on another, related note: are you really seeing india on the ladder? i never see india anymore, tons of otto tho

1 Like

I killed like 8 of his shrines before 10 minutes, and he had 30+ yabs. And they are good vs things other than artillery. They have 18 range for pete’s sake.
I see India all the time. Otto sometimes

oh i know their stats, i wrote the wiki page on them lol

yabu got reworked from tad stats and were considered meme-tier awful for a decade or so. still not sure what changed tbh

in any case, I dont think yabu are particularly amazing for cost, but they are rather obnoxious against civs with poor skirms. I am not sure I would call them “op” at base stats although a critical mass of them can sometimes be overwhelming - especially carded up ones

1 Like

Would love to see a game where someone wins with a death ball of Yabusames

1 Like

Lakota always hard countered japan. This is nothing new.

6 Likes

i forget but is florida still in the map pool? cause that map heavily favours the yabusame yumi combo since it gives like +25% atk for archers or any map with carib+tupi/seminole natives

they were already nerfed considering their stats before this was .50 range resist with even higher multipliers, maybe they can be made more squishy but other then that i think they are ok

1 Like