Yes or No: Will the Chinese pantheon be in the game? (need an official staff's answer and your opinion))

Currently, there is a lot of confusion about whether the Chinese pantheon will be included in the game. In the past, it was confirmed that the Chinese would be part of the game. However, during the official reveal, the inclusion of the Chinese pantheon has been somewhat debunked.

Reasons the Chinese pantheon will not be in the game:

^ No Chinese gods/goddesses shown.

^ No mention of the Chinese pantheon in the Steam page.

Reasons the Chinese pantheon will be in the game:

Adam Isgreen interview
^ here we have Adam Isgreen, the creative director, saying “Making sure that we can really make an incredible version of Age of Mythology with all of the content. The Chinese DLC and the civilization like… improved. Like really really playable. I really believe that Mythology can honestly go up there and compete toe to toe with the other Age games in quality and in content. I’m looking forward to kicking off this relationship with Mythology and then hopefully run it for years and years with the other ones.”

^ Here we have the official AoM twitter retweeting about this article.

This is what was said in the article, “Retold will bundle together elements from the original base game and its various expansions up to 2016’s Tale of the Dragon, including the likes of the Atlantean and Chinese factions, titan units, additional maps and extra campaigns.”

So what is going on?!

1 Like

They aim to release this year on both PC & XBOX at same time. Thus they aremost likely cut from initial release( to meet deadline) and added later (within 1 year) as free seasonal/anniversary update.

1 Like

Well, they guy did say “The Chinese DLC and the civilization like… improved” in the interview, he’s still referring Chinese as a DLC civ rather than base civs. So they’re gonna make it a DLC once again.

I think there are three options:

1. Chinese was planned to be included at release but they saw how much work has to be done, especially for the Chinese so they pushed it back.

2. they still want to include it at release but want to let things open so they can decide if they want to release it with the others or make it DLC

3. they want to trick us, believing it’s coming later on via DLC and then BAM! they reveal Chinese rework shortly before release. (would make great marketing)

4 Likes

I would believe this only, if World’s Edge marketing department was competent, but its not… instead of saying everything in presentation and showing screenshots, it’s split between PCGamer interview, steam page and few remarks in presentation or random interviews over the years… If anything they are terrible at selling and creating hype…

2 Likes