You ask why are people unhappy? Let me show you :)

I agree with every word you wrote.
Why drophacking exist for so much time ?
This really ■■■■ me off, when you have 1 minute left wonder win or about to destroy your opponents base, desynch happens.
Most of my friends stopped playing, I think only 2 out of 10 are still playing, including me
If most crucial issues aren’t resolved in spring first patch, then most likely the game will become dead in few months…

1 Like

Same as you. Haha. People just leave more and more due to lazy dev, lazy fix. Game will dead soon I think.

2 Likes

2 months of life i bet

The spring patch might not even arrive till a few months from now. Dates of Spring in the US:
Spring Starts: Sunday, Mar 20 8:33 am PDT
Spring Ends: Tuesday, Jun 21 2:13 am PDT
My guess is in practice it will be at the earlier end of that, maybe even before the start date, but it could be further away, depending on how development has been going.

Just got drophacked 3 out of the last 4 games. Been playing for 2 hours and finished 1 game. This is unbelievably frustrating and disheartening as it really makes no point in playing if at any given time you put all that work into a match only for you to get desync’d. What an absolute joke this is.

2 Likes

too lazy to comb the whole thread, has there been a dev response as to what there plans are to address this?

They dont post on there own forums. Only on reddit sometimes mostly to meme posts.

Even blizzard as bad as some might think they are would “blue” post on there forums and let there customers know wtf was going on sometimes.
Never understood why they wont post here on there own forums. Lets people to think they really could care less about this game. Might be true

3 Likes

I just want this to appear on main page again so u dont even need to ask why are people unhappy.

Answer is clear and very simple.

Many … many … many of people simply did not have (still dont have) a patience to play game where u can be drophacked 24/7 without any consequence for a cheater.
Yet nobody want to play a game with absolutely garbage mm which is only luck-based
and doesnt bother to get ranks 100 with ranks 40 000 in the same team or against in teamgames modes ( wow suprisingly teamgames-modes are more played than 1v1s since it consist of more players obvisouly and since u somehow cannot play 1v1s with your friends)

So please stop wondering if its because of ,missing patrol ability, or because some hotkeys (most of regular players use like 5 hotkeys) or idk with which briliant idea u can even come … All my friends who stopped to play (±20) did not even bother to watch N4C since they said that game is in horrible condition and are not as much interested in 1v1 either. And I agree.

side note: With upcoming patchnotes everybody at least with a bit of knowledge knows that Abbasids will become totaly broken and all the China buffs(nerfs) are not gonna help them at all.

So yeah … am kinda disappointed not only because there is absolute LACK of players from my country (Czech republic) - aka impossible to find someone to play with but also because all my ENG speaking friends wont return untill all the basics are fixed (anticheats / decent mm)

2 Likes

MM for team games could do with some refining.

I understand that it’s all part of the risk of playing with randos that you will get some bad teammates. However, if I have 2 people on my team who are too busy making their bases look aesthetically pleasing (ie one barracks, one stable, one archery range all in a neat little line) to actually participate in the game then please don’t match us against a full premade team on a winstreak…

2 Likes

I feel this!

Normally you could avoid those traps in the lobby but teams Quickmatch…

Solution: keep games the first 3 minutes unrated so you can safely resign like in aoe3.

I can honestly say I play 3-5 3v3s each week with a couple of my friends (we play 1 night per week), and less than 10% of our games are no results. I mean it almost never happens. Seeing your match history is absolutely shocking to me. I don’t think I’ve ever seen more than 2 no results in a single session, and that’s probably only happened once. Since Christmas we maybe got 1 no result in January and 1 in February. It’s very rare.

Maybe pre-made teams match differently than random teams? Idk. Maybe we aren’t good enough for our opponents to care enough about elo to bother with it. But it’s a mystery.

1 Like

Its not mine but one of the drophackers who is that smart he did not even covered his match history … its 100% obvious when all u can see in his MH are victories/No-results

Yeah I think the situation is slightly better rn because even all those heroes doing drophacking exploits leaved the game or just realized how non-sense it was when even if u drophacked the fact if u got win/lose was simple math and u was not guaranteed that u will get win from every drophack u do …

Keep in mind that if u play with 3 friends that reduce the chance to 3 potential drophackers in enemy team. If u would play alone and 4v4s (where it is even one level worse than in 3s) it means there are 7 potential drophackers

and even if u wanna report some of them its impossible since 100% more than one of them is gonna have hidden-match history or simply more no-results games cause he met drophackers before (As I said I had to make smurf for myself only because I had ± over 30 no results in my history) and when we were hacked with friends it was in the end almost counted as lose every time …

kinda deadly combination with fact I lost 20+ ELO from such a games and gained like +1 - +3 from winning since ELO difference between my (premade) team and enemy team was in 90% cases super-high and me personally was among top10 players by ELO for a long time

The daily gaming session looked like this:

We won 7 games to get ±20 ELO

only to lose 20 ELO in 8th game in which we were drophacked

I know its only teamgame ELO and it shows almost nothing but u know its still kinda dissapointing and specially when it happened during late-game very often … so u basicily wasted 30+ mins for nothing (well only for losing your elo even trough u had clear advantage in that game)

So yeah thats part about teamgames … why they becomed completely dead (even if u play with premade friends) and is much better to play 1v1s … but u know a lot of people dont like 1v1 and preffer to play 3s/4s … but as I mentioned above … all the horrible features which were common and specially bad in tgs + drophackers/mm means that we are in stage where we are.

Still I dont understand why are people asking why is somebody unhappy or why are people leaving when CLEAR answer is directly in this thread.

Its all the bugs/unbalance shit (which was way way way worse in tgs) - basicily only stupid Horse archers or fire lancers killed all the modes above 2v2 for like 2 months and tons of missing features (anticheat, better mm, better communication + of course some minor stuff like pings translated into language of origin player? we are about to get a new taunts and I expect them to be designed in the same way … )

So your random teammate from Asia(or all the non-english speaking countries) is going to ping something on map and there will be note in a chat like this: sbgewefewgegweg

After N4C concluded Nili said that he was very disappointed with viewer numbers. bear in mind this was a 100k tournament. Every statistic and prediction is only pointing to gradual and slow decline of aoe4. I believe microsoft and relic expected it as well and had planned their development accordingly. After the first season update we will have all the tools we would need to keep aoe4 alive even if there is no new content added by microsoft. I am not saying that microsoft will not support the game or anything like that. but there’s only so much a company could spend on a not a hit game. aoe2 is still more popular after the initial euphoria of aoe4 died down.

me personally would love to go back to aoe3de, and everyday i am afraid to queue up on aoe4, it wasnt like that in aoe3de, i would enjoy every game i would win or even loose. but with aoe4 its very monotonous kind of. they say that each civ is different, but it feels the same. late game is still siegefest, early game units more or less the same for all civs…

in aoe3 there are many strategies you could execute, you could capture trade posts early, or ally with the natives or use shipments etc.

i dont know how the player base will dwindle after future aoe4 updates. but i just hope there’s enough interest in all age games for server pop to be above critical levels.

6 Likes

Just saying btw.

CHECK MY HISTORY TO SEE EVIDENCE OF NON-EXISTING REPORT SYSTEM AND HOW DEVS DONT EVEN CARE ABOUT THIS (sadly I cannot comment on that threads anymmore)

I think encouraging matchmaking to put asian players on asian servers would help massively from a loading/drop point of view.

1 Like

Still not fixed since November …

just saying

1 Like

PLEAQSE FIX THE DESYNC HACK BEFORE RANKED IS LAUNCHED OR ITS A FAIL

Edit: Went and read the Reddit thread…I promise I’m watching and will advocate where I can. You are heard, but unfortunately some things take more time than I hope.

5 Likes

lol they didnt even solve that issue

So fixing the desync hack is taking more time? Dude its been around for 6 months!!
In a game where your tring to keep the integrity of the ladder in check, this should be at the top of the list.
No one likes to get cheated out of a win. Its just bad.

I understand none of this matters and it will be fixed when its fixed but. really more man hours should be on this asap till its fixed. Its kinda a big thing with ranked comming up and all.

p.s start by perma banning the players that have been abusing this for the last 3 months. There not hard to find.