You broke Regicide mode - king will not garrison

This bug has been fixed ahead of schedule. Thanks team!

I come from an IT background and before you update any live environment, you test the update on a test environment first to make certain the update does not cause major issues such as this. This type of error should cost jobs!

King garrison is fixed. Thanks Devs. But now I discovered that Trebuchets will not unload from transport ship on Highland map, crossing the river. What is up with that? is it a map feature? I even tried to upgrade my ships just in case. Made no difference. And one treb appeared to vanish in the ship too. It loaded but then showed no treb on ship. I made a great strategic move by docking in the far corner where I found the AI built his monastery near the river, just out of treb range. But alas, I had to castle again on his side since the transports didnā€™t work.

you should probably create a new thread for it because its a different problem altogether. though last night I was watching AI on island map (dont think map matters) unloading trebs just fine. but knowing AI it might be different for human players.

Hey @FerrariGianni

Unfortunately i am unable to reproduce the trebuchet ungarrisoning issue. Try verifying game files and disabling any mods. If the issue persists even then, maybe make a new post about it :slight_smile:

OK thanks. I wonder if it was a Highland map issue? Do any maps have restrictions like that, besides building ability like marshy ground and so on? Maybe it was a glitch in my updates? No real mods to worry about. Game ran fine last night on salt marsh but I didnā€™t transport any trebs. Maybe that area of the map got broken in a rendering glitch? I did see a treb disappear onboard so it might have been part of the same thing. I was playing Byz v Berbs on Highland.

@FerrariGianni

I tested it on Highland map and it seemed to work fine. Do you have the replay of the trebuchet vanishing?
If you could send me the replay that could be very useful :slight_smile:

Hmm, not sure. Iā€™ve played a few times since then, sorry. Might it have been some data corruption, say with the heatwave and variation in power supply from my house power? I do still have a rotary hard drive. The overhead lights were flickering a bit due to the heavy demand in our area and my 3 ac units running! I can check on the replays and see if I still have it.

OK I checked. No replay or saved game. Only the log and that was mostly graphics. Been working fine since. I just clobbered the CD AI on hard and a Take the mountain game Byz v Sicilians. Mowed down his villagers trying to build a lumber camp and barracks on the mountain with 4 galleys and some scouts. Castled and beat him 3 times from auto saves by killing his last villager or sacking his market. Did it with a conversion the last time. Byzantine monks rule :wink:

Back again. The treb didnā€™t vanish but it would not load onto transport ships this time. This is on an island map, is that a setting in game? Can you set non shipping of trebs? Is it a characteristic of the island scenario? I castled fine and then they rolled out fine on the AI island but it took longer to sack his town. I have the replay and can send it if you want.

1 Like

Hi @FerrariGianni
This is a known issue, it occurs when you have ā€œRight Click Garrisonā€ enabled under Options/Game.

Thanks for the report :slight_smile:

Thank you! I figured as much and will test toight.

Purchased AOE2 Definitive Edition for XBox Series yesterday and king will not garrison inside castle.

Is this issue from 2022 fixed in all environments and I need an update or has this issue returned as a regression?

its fixed at least on PC/steam. technically it should work for xbox and notonly affecting xbox but coudl be wrong.

I have a very simple setup to be able to verify the issue.

I purchased AOE2: Definitive Edition in the Microsoft Store for XBox. It installed to my Series X and the first game I tried to play for the first time in 20 years was (ā€¦obviously) Regicide (ā€¦itā€™s always been the best mode, of course) and it took me about 20 minutes to realize my king went behind my castle instead of into my castle.

If Iā€™ve done anything wrong in my setup, Iā€™m all ears on ideas to get it fixed. I noticed for Age of Empires IV, there were hotfix installations for certain issues. I didnā€™t notice anything like that for II.

fwiw it works on the steam version/PC version at least we can garrison king just fine so maybe only xbox issue? try hosting an online game and see if other xbox users have similar issue is your best way to test this

Why would it matter whether the deployment to Steam works if the deployment to the Microsoft Store still exhibits the bug?

Were the deployments not produced from the same branch or was there an oversight and no deployment to the Microsoft Store?

no clue my guy but when xbox support came out for this game there were bugs that only exhibit on xbox vers of the game

i dont got xbox nor gamepass so no clue

Never mind. The bug is not present on xbox. The button overlay instructing that you have to hit ā€˜Xā€™ in order to have the king enter the castle was off the top of the screen. When it does show, it isnā€™t very prominent, so it was missed by my eye.

Hit X and king enters castle.