You can change the civ of other players by changing your color!

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: current
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
I was in a lobby with two friends against the AI. When I changed my color the civ of my mates got changed. The issue was reproducible in a second lobby. But I havn’t investigated further.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

Can’t really tell but it happend in two lobbies.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Open Lobby
  2. select AI?? not sure
  3. change color

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

Not changing my mates` civs.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

Unfortunately I don’t have any.

Anyone having the same issue?

This has been a feature for years though. It’s due to the coop system where multiple people can share a civilization. I am not sure whether their civilization will go back to their original civilization if you change your color back after changing their civilization, try it and tell us what happens.

1 Like

Ahh that explains it partly. The strange thing was that it changed to a completely different civ. My mate picked Italians and it changed to byzantines for him while I picked dravidians. Is that supposed to happen?
We had team positions on. My mates picked even numbers and I picked an odd number. Maybe that has something to do with it.
I try again when my friends are on.

Couldn’t reproduce the bug. But there definitly was something odd going on. My mate did not get my civ or i got his, he got a completely random one.