You can play as multiple civs simultaneously

I would prefer them to find a real solution to allied players leaving early like letting the AI control him or the units and buildings converting to your civ rather than leaving a buggy oversight in the game.

Buggy oversight under your view, but for others is a happy discovery. The eye of the beholder, my friend. :smiley: Like I said, I hope it stays as a nice, fun feature.

1 Like

I guess you are right, suddenly playing with cube mod on is a funny discovery :wink:

And I guess you are a little too intense. Itā€™s a game. Leave the drama for something else. Have fun.

1 Like

Donā€™t know, a Rus player being able to duplicate relics or a mongol player being able to multiply stone income are not so different; it will get the same reception once it gets regularly used by players.

But thatā€™s just my opinion. Have a nice day.

It is super different. A player easily get that benefit with barely any extra requirement in ability. Those are easy-to-use exploits. Managing 2 different civs, knowing where your English vills are and where your HRE vills are, which ones to produce, send them where, mix and match HRE vills with English farms, etc., now thatā€™s a challenge, and again, I bet is a challenge no player can endure against comparable peers.

Again you donā€™t have to use both civs equally, just rush your scout to a dropped player and gain control over bonuses and techs of another civ.
The relic bug can happen at age 3, I can employ this strategy age 1 the second one enemy/ally drops/resigns. You donā€™t leave possible exploits in a strategy game ā€œfor funā€, make it a cheat code instead.

Can imagine the fun for casuals in a 3v3 match when your ally in the middle suddenly leaves and is taken over by the enemy because their scout was around and is now able to disrupt trade etc.

I am too lazy to test it, but depending on the implementation of the latest fix (checking if the player picked mongols), it could be possible for a non-mongolian player to take his newly aquired secondary mongol TC to park it in front of your TC (again) :slight_smile:

I forgot to mention that FFA is also a thing, where 1 player taking over another can be huge.

Iā€™m out of this discussion.

Ok, have a good night.

1 Like

Why?! I donā€™t see this as a problem at all. It is interesting in team games.

This has a huge implication for potential use in custom scenarios.

They need to fix it as in you can actually play as two different civilisations at once without the game braking.

Feedback heard! This is currently being treated as a bug, but Iā€™ll drop it to the team as a feature request. If this is something people do want, it should probably be implemented properly.

5 Likes

You can garrison units inside defeated players building, including tc/keeps/outposts, that gives you access to THEIR TECH, UNITS, etc.

Here is a picture of HREā€™s MmA with English Ironclad tech and the HREā€™s longbowman.

steps to reproduce:

1. defeat a player
  2. send any unit to his tc or any other building with garrison slots
  3. garrison a unit inside it
  4. do anything you can in that building