You guys murdered the swedish economy. Here are some suggestions on how to fix it

According what I understand from you, only because blackberry was nerfed so Sweden is not fun anymore?

Don’t worry you still have other 15 civs to try, this is not empire of Sweden.

Most of other players don’t want to face past OP Sweden.

2 Likes

Not “just because”. If you played that civ you would understand why it’s bad design.
You seem to not understand how the civ works. Many people who cried for nerfs never understood the civ and how to counter it.
The only broken thing about sweden was cheap torps and caroleans with 17 range.
Blueberries was never a problem.

For me, house gathering resources is already a bad design, 21.
Don’t worry I have played Sweden and NOT only Sweden so I understand how OP they are.

1 Like

Why you’re assuming I only play Sweden? I am a Sweden main but I have played this game for many years when Sweden was not a thing. And I will continue to play them IF blueberries is reverted. Otherwise I won’t. I can take all the other nerfs, but not this one.

Because you also assume me not understanding how Sweden works. That’s simple.

I agree with you. People hate Japan for that too. But it’s too late to change it now I suppose.

Well I had evidence to support that. U seem to believe sweden deserved all these nerfs and you’re happy to see the civ suffer because you think your main civ is underpowered? It’s not a good mindset to have, as I said before. Suggest buffs to your civ instead.

Increasing the wood cost further would slow down the fast industrial.
And fast industrial is not broken for them if fully carded guard caroleans stop being broken. And they did a good job nerfing caroleans.

France can fast industrial just as fast as sweden. But they were never a threat. Sweden FI was a problem because of OP caroleans. Which got nerfed.
That, combined with expensive torps, is enough. No need for more.

With blueberries all vills had to do was chop wood though. I disagree with the radius nerf, and maybe the englesberg one.
The civ could survive and come back from games even if most of their vills would get killed and half of their base was wrecked.
Aussie drongo played a game where he had 4 vills and yet he was still in the game when all civs, except for japan of course would be long dead by then.
Also most games if you look at the post game graphics you would see sweden eco abnormally higher than any other civ, even brits.

Seems you like to assume my activities?
First assuming I don’t understand Sweden.
Now assuming my main civ is UP.

Rather than discussing anymore I am curious what is the next assumption.

This would actually be a nice idea. Blueberries would then be a mid game card to boost all the new berry bushes that you created

2 Likes

This is a joke right? You realize that China starts with the idential crates of 200 food and 300 wood like Sweden pus 1 Goat, yet China is even slower to start Age 2 than Sweden, around 3:20-3:35 without food treasures. Their eco is still much worse than what Sweden gets, because Sweden gets 3 vills, can build 1 Torp and 1 Trading post.

Ontop of this, China has 1 less villager from their shipment. They need to find or gather 90 wood for a village, which they need to build ontop of 1 Trading Post.

The entire community has been complaining about the fact that China is too weak, too slow with bad economy, yet here you are writing that Sweden is too weak and want buffs?

1 Like

You mean pay 35 wood to grow a 150F bush in a torp that gathers at 0.67/s? That’s not a bad idea. But it would need some testing to tune those values.
It would make blackberries even more irrelevant though, for treaty.

Thats like paying 35 wood for having 1 villager in a mill with no upgrades, during 3,73 minutes.
If the goal is to make it work like livestock, the price has to be in food, not in wood. So the economy flow is not broken. I would say 50 food.
A sheep (the worst animal in the game) returns 33% of its initial price when fully fat.
33% of 150 is 50. The sheep is gathered quicker but it needs time to “bake”, while the berry bush gathers much slower but can be gathered right way and doesn’t need a villager. So it’s pretty balanced.

I will actually add this in the original post.

This is not a China thread. Create a thread suggesting buffs to China.
Just because China is bad, Sweden doesn’t have to be.
Let’s make EVERY civ good.
Join the buff trains, instead of the hate trains.

First, balances are not for treaty, but for Supremacy.

Also, yes with this feature blackberries would not be as good. But you could fix it by “augmenting the berry bush threshold of 1 to 2 per torp” or make the blackberry bushes a fast gather bush

What kind of statement is that? Check the lobby at any day. Treaty/Supremacy is 50%/50% most of the time, or 40%/60% for supremacy at times.
I’m not a treaty player btw, as some people suggested. I play all modes, including scenarios. I play everything. Only thing I don’t play is deathmatch.

To consider Torp is still OP or not, it is very easy.
Now it costs 125w, 100w is for population and 25w is for gathering resources like a villager.
25w for this gathering efficiency, and many OP bonuses for house gathering advantage as we all well-known, worth or not, OP or UP?

2 Likes

To be fair I wouldn’t say is that op anymore. Most vills will be gathering wood anyway to build torps and with englesberg nerf they are not as efficient

I think swedes could benefit from a 5 villager shipment on age 2.
Japan has it and their shrines are pretty much as good as a villager, although japan could be a bad example due to their current situation

If you are asking for Sweden buff at this time, read the above 5 times, go for a walk in the sun and just wait. The pro players are already discussing potential builds on the ESOC Forums for Sweden, and yes even with blueberries which can still be good. Give the people time to adjust to the new situation.

We will have another big 1v1 tournament on the 26th which is a great opportunity to take at the look at current balance. Expect to see a ton of France play because 12/10 is overpowered. Expect a ton of Portugal play, Ottoman, Brits etc, the usual since these civs are all good and this has not changed.

Don’t expect any China play because China is bad and everyone knows it, yet there were 0 changes to China.

After this tournament, the pro players will have time to really focus on Sweden if they are interested to dissect this new civ. But before this tournament, the pro scene will instead focus on the civs that give them the best chance to win.

Simply asking for buffs isn’t going to make the situation any better. Look at what happened to China once every civ got the best crate start and was buffed. Now China is a joke because its too slow to Age 2 with bad economy. This was not always the case because not every civ would always get the perfect crate start. You always have to look at the situation as a whole.

It’s interesting. When dealing with balance changes you have to handle with moderation. These devs for whatever reason just went all in on the big nerf across all areas, effectively rendering the civ close to useless. It’s quite bizarre actually.

3 Likes