There was an old thread at HeavenGames called “You Know You Play Too Much AOE When…” followed by dozens of things that only an obsessed AOE fan would do.
â¦ You see your local town’s center and wait for villies to come out
â¦ You hear about overpopulation in the third world and wonder why they
don’t build more houses…
â¦ Then realize that the problem might be that they have reached their
â¦ You ask the preacher at your church how much range and hitpoints his cool tower has
â¦ You explain in a history lesson that early man could only have taken 10 minutes to reach the >Bronze Age.
â¦ You hit period instead of tab to find idle villagers on other RTS games and press CTRL+F12 to >print screen instead of Print Screen.
â¦ You swear that the Sumerians and Assyrians built Pyramiads.
(There were a couple others too-- The 2008 one is my favorite, and there was another in 2013 )
At this point, we’re all waiting [im]patiently for AOE DE. Even though we don’t even have a release date, let’s make a list of
You Know You're Ready For Age Of Empires Definitive Edition When..
- You’ve dusted off your Pause|Break key
- You wear blue whenever you’re alone
- You’re dual-booting Windows 10 and Windows 98. We all know which one is superior.
- Two minutes of trailer music has been stuck in your head for two months
- You thank the local priest for not changing the “Wololo”
- You’re reading this on an HD CRT monitor
- the desktop background is set to a screenshot of the MSN Gaming Zone
- You’ve been telling your Discord friends to get AIM accounts
- You want ForgottenEmpires to set you as “Ally” so that you can see what they’ve built
- You shout “B. F. !” when you see people loitering
- If there are enough people, you shout “B. O. !” instead
- You’re surprised that 140k Insiders hasn’t broken the forums’ population limit
- You’ve Finally started walking in all 16 directions instead of just eight
Reply in this thread to keep the list going: