Zero Population In Scenarios?

First things first, I got the Age of Empires 1 Definitive Edition on the day of release on Steam. One of the first things I did was make a map using the scenario editor. The population vs AI seems to be okay. But when I tried to host it on multiplayer some players had literally zero population, and houses did nothing to fix the issue. I doubled checked to see if anything was wrong, the pop of each player was set to 250. So, the pop was still zero, yet it was set to 250.

Is there something I have not done right? Or is this a bug?

Hi @BomberGriffin What is the team setup in your scenario? Does your scenario have as many human players as joined your lobby?

1 2 3 4 team 1. 5 6 7 8 team 2. By color order.

It’s a 4v4 black forest (from AOE 2) themed map. Pop set up to 250 each player. Yet, when I try fight vs humans their pop is set to zero. I tried playing 2v2 a few times, but I don’t see how that would make a difference to the population even if it’s a 4v4 map.

A friend of mine tried to fix the issue, but to no avail.

I also tried using one of the premade scenarios and the same issue with the population happened again. Granted, I remade the map entirely, but it still didn’t work.

Would you be able to upload the scenario to this website? I’ll take a look.

Do you think every slot needs to be filled in? As in 8 players in a game?

I dug up an old thread for AOE 2 with the same issue: https://steamcommunity.com/app/221380/discussions/2/648814300344204922/

I’m not sure if I permission to do that or something. Every time I try submit something it comes up with a blank box. I clicked submit scenario, but nothing happens basically.

Alternatively, if you have the Steam version (or if cross play is fixed the microsoft store version is fine) I could just share the map with you by hosting a game.

My Steam Profile Lrrr: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198006475694

You will notice if you check my workshop I have many mods and maps for AOE 2, so I’m experienced at this sort of thing. I’ve used trigger studio and advanced genie editor for my mods and maps. Mods for maps and stuff.

When I try submit a scenario here.

Each player is basically set up like this.

Everyone has 1 town center, 3 villagers. 10by10 gold and stone mines. 2 stacked fish shore fish (you can stack items on top of each in the editor using CRTL S to disable clipping) pools and two stacked river fish. (these stacked fish will last for hours) And bunch of other stuff. 3 players on each team own 4 towers and a wall at the start to guard the passes in the forest. The river can be used to trade with your allies, and you could sell the never ending fish food for gold.

Shape of map: