36th civilization?

Definitive is just a name after HD was already taken.

A simple overlay change won’t prevent people from wanting more civs. I could easily see a few more civs in the game, like the Realms mod and Civ concept LLC mod shows.

Medes/Median Empire is last civ in the middle east.
Also Kurds can find them in that civ.

Quite a lot of people also agree with me. So the community seems to be divided about this subject :wink:

They actually said they won’t add any more civs.

This was around the launch of the game

1 Like

Tibet is one part of CHINA,so if microsoft don’t want to lose the widest market of the world, tibet as a civ will not appear as a offical way in AOE2DE forever.Because polition is the toppest.

3 Likes

They said it’s unlikely to happen, not impossible.

In my opinion, they’d be stupid to do so considering that civs were the main selling points of any DLC in the past.

You can add the tibetan empire and call them with a different name.
Tibet would be the best civi option to add but im sure if they want to add another civi it will be something no one really wants.

1 Like

I would suggest you type with proper sentences and grammar. What is toppest? Polition? What a joke.

3 Likes

Yeah, but are there any announced DLCs atm? No

Joke?haha!Tibet civ add will make the seperation of tibet more active,and this is the situation CHINA forbid to do that.If microsoft do this ,the great loss of the company will be the open widest market in CHINA being shut down and microsoft will be pushed to quit from CHINA.Microsoft is a wise company,so it knows that these punishments above it cannot afford.Because money is everything,microsoft will not touch this bomb,or it will hurt itself seriously.

I have the feeling we might see something next month.

I am honestly not sure how i feel about DLC civs being added.
with DE, for the first time in a while we had everyone on equal footing with civs for multiplayer, adding DLC civs means that we split the player-base again. however i also firmly believe the devs sould get paid for their work.

1 Like

I think if they add a new civ it should be free to everyone, if they were to add a group of civs I would be ok with it being something people have to buy, but a 1 civ dlc seems greedy haha. That said I’d pay for it :rofl:

1 Like

From a data editing point of view they can sneak in a civi like vandals with only data works and using the ingame graphics sounds.Intalian buildings german unit voices a roman building for the wonder and once of the hero skins for the uu.

We really don’t need another EU civilization imho, if we get any new civ i hope they focus on neglected Areas like the Indian Subcontinent, Africa, or the Americas.

1 Like

You can’t expect them to work for free. I’d love if they’d return to the same new content format like in the past.

2 Likes

That might be true, but the point Mat made is really correct:

which part? i made two points.

With that attitude, we wouldn’t even have gotten AOC. The reason why people still keep playing this game to this day is due to life support the modding community did for years and a quick cashgrab attempt from Microsoft in 2013 which turned out to be a complete success.

Revitalizing and keeping the game fresh with new civs every two years would be in my opinion ideal. I’dhappily buy new civs.

People seem to forget that a sizable part of the community if not the majority just plays casually and doesn’t care about MP. Just look at the Steam Spy stats and the number of people ranked on the ladder on AOE stats. If we’re generous and assume that there’s zero overlap between the ladder and only 2 million people own DE, that’s roughly 15 % of the player who even touched once multiplayer.

1 Like

Usually the argument is that new civs lead people out of their comfort zone. I think as competitive nature you should enjoy being challenged and thinking out of the box (that’s why I really do not understand people who play just the most generic land map but whatever) and that’s what good new civs do either from offering an interesting new playstyle or needing to be countered in a certain specific way.

People who would prefer to focus first on getting familiar with the old civs wouldn’t need to buy those new civs while people who would be looking for something new and refreshing could buy them and in this way support also the game long-term.

I really think there’s nothing lose and everything to win.