4 things should happen to Mameluke

Damn if Mameluke gets overbuffed (Can potentially happen) can’t wait to see the nerf rants…

1 Like

Yeah, Mamelukes do not need a buff. Saracens have a plethora of good options besides the Mameluke and in spite of their cost they are still absurdly strong. I’ve been on this about five times now so I’m not going to go digging through my old posts to find the important bits.

Mameluke Skirm is very affordable, all things considered, and it counters practically every composition besides a very nasty and more expensive siege mass. Anyone who thinks the Mameluke isn’t just incredible hasn’t used their skirm complement enough.

1 Like

and if you had your way it would cost 10 gold less.
furthermore it can kite most its normal counters.
furthermore by that logic i guess we got to give most every archer unique unit in the game more armor huh?

I assure you even with those buffs you will not see them that much and they will not be broken at all

Archers UU in this game are more than fine, comparing them to Mameluke is totally wrong

If you gave them just those buffs they’d already be stronger than any civ the game has ever released. Not even close

yeah that’s why mamelukes weren’t nerfed by having a frame delay added to them in the past.

and yet you’re the one whose argument is that they should have more armor because they get shredded by TCs, scorpions, and mangonels. by that logic we could say the same thing about archers.

xD really? They are already one of the best units in the game, high dps against the strongest line, pop efficient against all ranged units, high mobility.
It’s only the high gold cost which stops them from being OP as hell.

Man the Conqs and Mangudai and Arambai still more sick than the Mameluke with even all these buffs

1 Like

so if these units are so good as they currently stand, can you tell me why we don’t see them in pro games?

Hahahahaha are we really talking about the same unit? What unit do you mean?!

Nope. One extra pierce (which is a massive reach) would immediately make the Mangudai a very serious liability against a Mameluke mass. Add in the fact that you are also roundly making them cheaper, it’s going to be insane. They only have one decent counter and you’re making them better against it and not taking anything away in return. The range on top is just whipped cream and chocolate syrup.

I’m going to keep it civil, but these suggestions are comical, seriously.

Becaus pro player exploit there market abuse potential. As they sell most of their gold very early they can’t switch to them in lategame. It’s not because the unit is bad, it’s because the market abuse is OP.

And I’ve seen some pro games where they decided the game.

So you are telling me the Arambi and Mangudai were fine since the HD and the Mameluke is not and don’t need any buff?! Mangudai, Arambi and Conqs are waaaaaaaay better than the Mameluke

1 Like

debatable - Mamelukes deal melee damage, have 100% accuracy, and have lower frame delays. they would also mass up FAR faster then those units and be cheaper to upgrade. on top of having more health.

They were strong. The unit you are suggesting, right now, would make all of those in the same exact circumstances, pre-nerf, look bad comparatively. This is a huge overbuff to a unit which is already absurdly strong and has one caveat, it’s cost.

No, Conqs and Mangudai and Arambai are much better, they have more range, more damage and cheaper costs and easier to micro

1 Like

and if Mamelukes were as good as you were claiming why wouldn’t the pros exploit that? your logic makes no sense.

source please. i can’t remember one in recent history. please provide a link.

conqs also attack slower, have lower accuracy, and as for cheaper costs - 55 food to 60 food and 75 gold to 70 gold. debatable. training time would be 16 seconds vs 24 seconds.
easier to micro? again debatable. more range but longer attack delays.

arambai have insanely low accuracy, would only have 1 more range at elite, lower health, and are also much more expensive to upgrade, and again the longer delay between attacks, as well as slower, and have very low armor (1/3 fully upgraded vs the 4/4 for mamelukes).

Where’s your source? I’ve seen games, I’m not a library.

There is also one reason mames can’t be buffed. The reason is teamgames, they are already competing with imp camels on which is the best teamgame unit, only hold back because imp camels destroy them.
If they would be buffed the rant about mames would easily exceed the one about the imp camels because mames have an even harder snowball.