4v4 won't start/takes a lot of time to load if it does load

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: Current Latest Build
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

I’m frequently unable to start matches since this new build in Team Games of 3v3 or 4v4. I blamed my internet but 4v4 with AI was not working. So I did clean reinstall of the game. Turned off all my mods and went into a Skirmish with 7 AI and me, but the problem/bug still persisted. Then I blamed my NOT SO potato PC and took the benchmark test to check if something was wrong, but the result was 1262. Which is acceptable. So now I’m clueless what to do since I can’t seem to play the game. Also I must note that the game runs smoothly once the match starts IF it does start. I even clean installed my operating system and installed only a few.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 75% of the time / matches I play (ALMOST ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Start a match with all 8 AI in the skirmish or hop into a big Multiplayer game with 8 or so players.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
The match was supposed to start and not keep me in the loading screen foreve

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

• There is no save game/recording because the game won’t start.

Hi!

Can you try to switch to the Enhanced Logging Build?

There load a Skirmish game. When the game is locked, use the hotkey Ctrl+Break (or Ctrl+Pause) the game will be closed and some mdumps will be generated here:

“C:\Users\USER\Games\Age of Empires 2 DE\logs” and have this format “AoE2DESteam-58115-2022.01.19-15.05.33.mdmp”

Also send to us your Enhanced Logs please, you can find them here too: “C:\Users\USER\Games\Age of Empires 2 DE\logs”

It is important that the files have the date and time of the last session played

Thanks!