6 NEW UNITS!

With that mentality, Rams, Catapults and even siegue tower did not exist because their wood did not withstand the passing of the years, but still, there are records if their existence.

I have not said that the Full bard armor didnt exist, only that i dont hace a 4K photo of them. On another hand, there are paintings and historical records of them, even books about it and the Germans themselves zealously keep their relics, another thing is that you are one of those who have to see to believe un a extreme way, or deny history old of which they do not have photos.

In any case the tech name is stell bard and not full bard,the thing is that GermƔns kings if the HRE are frikis if barding theirs horses, and the best if them was Maximillian. I would put links but know i have to work, maybe latter.

1 Like

are those fantasy books you read?If there is a armor like that it definetly one exist in real life,if you are calling full bard the pics you later shared all knights had that i cant see the difference

1 Like

Throw a coin to your witcher xD

In AoE2 the horse archer cost wood and gold, not food.

3 Likes

I am very curious to see the stats on the king, the rangers, and the footmen. The Wynguard army with the trebuchet seems at least as good as it already was when it was the only one being picked.

I am skeptical of the usefulness of the Rus militia, maybe they could be used to take boar or something. I donā€™t think the problem with Rus or the Kremlin was struggling to defend early raids.

I love the unit variety for the new khaganate, however I am even more wary of its randomness now. Before it cycled randomly through 3 options. Now, at least with the way they formatted the patch notes, it looks like it is cycling through 7 different options. I did not like that it was random before, and now it seems even more random. I would prefer if it were something like just 3 armies (one Rus, one Chinese, one Mongol) and cycled through them in order or just let players choose.

1 Like

Treat people with respect, otherwise I wonā€™t answer you again.

Anyway, in the last post I have put a lot of images of Steel Barding, not Full-Barding, ā€œSteel-Bardingā€, which consists of putting steel armor on your horse.

Full-Barding is just the first one I put at the beginning of my first post about specifically ā€œFull-Bardingā€.
Full barding consists of covering ā€œallā€ or almost the entire horse, including up to the legs, with armor. As it isnt common, there arenā€™t many examples, but in Germany, whose nobles loved the concept of Steel-bard, they had the greatest example in a king.

Maximilian I of the Holy Roman Empire was an actual king who produced a large collection of armors, many ot them were ceremonial and for tournaments, but real, and it is known because he was a great promoter of ā€œhimselfā€. He is considered one of the greatest spenders in the Middle Ages for enhancing the image of the chivalric monarc, even minting a coin with himself in ā€œFull-Bardingā€, paintings and wood prints. Here the coin and one of the Full-Barding armor from an exhibit in the royal museum of Canada.

Full barding

• Horse armor; school of Konrad Seusenhofer, probably made in Innsbruck 1505-1510; Joanneum Graz, Landeszeughaus. Photo: Richard Margolis. From the Royal Canada Museum.

Source(phjoto): (Civilization.ca - Imperial Austria: Treasures of Art, Arms and Armor from Styria)
Source(coin): (Horse Armor in Europe from Antiquity to the Early Modern Era ā€“ Brewminate: A Bold Blend of News and Ideas)

An article discussing the Full-barding of Maximilian I:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/335893467_Memories_in_Steel_and_Paper_A_Spectacular_Armor_and_Its_Depictions_in_Early_Modern_Augsburg_MEMO_vol_4_Objekte_der_Erinnerung

And an article about horse armor from Europe:

And a book about Maximilian and the HRE:

• Whaley, Joachim; ā€œGermany and the Holy Roman Empire: Volume I: Maximilian I to the Peace of Westphalia, 1493-1648ā€, Oxford History of Early Modern Europe; Germany and the Holy Roman Empire 1, 2012

When I write about history, I write seriously. Unless Iā€™m wrong at some point, because we can all be wrong from time to time. But another thing is that someone tells me that I read fantasy and on top of that they donā€™t counterargue. I leave it there.

1 Like

It will have been confused with those of aoe 1 and 3ā€¦in aom they also cost wood and goldā€¦

The English king may be like Henry Iā€¦

Hit points

Melee Attack

45 (Lance)
30 (Sword)

Rate of Fire

Melee armor

Speed

1.62 tiles/s

Population

Ability

Armor (in this case it will be Heal)

The rangers may be skirmishers like in aoe 3, but using javelins instead of rifles (like those of aoe 2)ā€¦ and the footmen as early men-at-armsā€¦

Iā€™m not complaining, besides, itā€™s historically correctā€¦ the Rus suffered many Mongol raids during the 13th and 14th centuries and the Mongols received many auxiliary troops throughout their empire; besides, you think Iā€™m going to criticize that they give me random and free troops during the battleā€¦ you give them to me and Iā€™ll fix myself later with thatā€¦ xd

2 Likes

come to me wtih that kind of thing that,pic you share is not real maybe it was their idea,imagination of how the armor should look like if it existed it should have survived to that time you said king was the biggest promoter of that armor

This is the Mongol heavy lancer with the full cavalry lamellar bard and armor.
It is lighter, more flexible, comfortable, and affordable armor that can be repaired by changing a few broken parts compared to European plate bards and armor.

2 Likes

As I understand, the plates offer greater defense against arrows making you almost invulnerable against them, however they are more expensive, and if a coat with a gambeson does the same job with less money, which one is better to invest in?

Curiously, before AoE4, I ever thought that the Mongols lacked heavy cavalry, but later thanks to the documentary, I found out that they did have it, only that it was ā€œscaly armorā€, leather rivets with sheets of iron and steel glued. I think there has always been a debate between whether it is more convenient to cover the horse with mail, scales or plates or if only the man-at-arms have to dress in plates or the same. Precisely for this reason and because of the different blacksmithing techniques and materials in the regions, each army and civs hads its own form of heavy cavalry, if they have horses of course.

The ones that I doubted if they had heavy cavalry were the Japanese, because although their samurai archers on horseback wore heavy armor, I didnā€™t know if they had ā€œCavalry Chargesā€, that is, only light cavalry with some armor (like the Mali sofas). As I found in this article, it seems that they developed it late but they did have cavalry charges, although only some clans took full advantage of it on flat terrain, like the Takeda, Uesugi or the Oda.

1 Like