šŸ§™ 894 Classic Taunts Update

so you deleted the entire C:\Users\username\Games\Age of Empires 2 DE##steamid#\mods folder?

i deleted the whole ##steamid## folder when i reinstalled the game. and whenever i unsubscribe ur mod it deletes the mod folder automatically too

I will try re encoding with the supposedly patched Vorbis encoder. I was going to wait until they patched the game from crashing to desktop all of the time, but if some people canā€™t hear I will see if this fixes it. 10 minutesā€¦
Edit: make that 30, forgot i recently reinstalled windows so need to reinstall programs

you are launching from steam right? or from the exe directly?
launching from exe might give an error you otherwise wouldnt see
launching from steam might correct any permissions issues on folders

also i mean delete the mods folder, not just my mod folder. the mods folder and the mod-status.json inside it

i open from steamā€¦ a friend tryed the mod too, he cant hear anything too. im sorry, i guess its because of the ur files, since the other taunt mod workā€¦

Updated with Vorbis codec, fixed order of Mortyā€™s get your sht together rant, increased volume of Inigo Montoya.
I think you have to resubscribe to get updates?
New codec makes the download a lot smaller, it was a bug preventing us from using this codec before the December 17, 2019 patch.
I still had to close and reopen the game after subscribing and downloading it before it would play the sounds.

Does this version work for you?

hi merlin, im sorry i didnt answer because i was so mad! i tryed ur updated versionā€¦ nothingā€¦ then i tryed the 500 taunts again, BUT THIS TIME IT DIDNT WORK EITHER. so i thought, omg maybe its really me. maybe i got some random programm or any garbage on my PC that causes this stupid bug. so i REINSTALLED WINDOWS!!! but stillā€¦ it doesnt work. so if u ask me, iā€™d say this game is just bugged out. its neither mine or your problem, itā€™s the game! i dont need the 999 taunts now. i will try them in some months again and just forget about it now.

Did you close the game and reopen it after installing the mod?
I am out of ideas for now, and yes there are many bugs

u keep asking me this? if i closed the game and reopen it after installing the mod??? i really tried EVERYTHING, doubt not! i reinstalled the mod several times, reopened the game several times, reinstalled the game, reinstalled windows. what else? ā€œdid u try turn ur PC on and off again?ā€? canā€™t u read what i am writing to you?

Hey man, Iā€™m just making sure you closed and reopened the game after your last try, as I just re-encoded the whole ā– ā– ā– ā–  thing for you. I didnā€™t write the bugs into the code of the game. Not sure what is different between your PC and the people I play with online that have no problems with this mod, before or after my update. Pretty sure Iā€™ve done all I could now.
I actually had to reinstall the game, then windows, to find out why I crash 30 minutes into every other game after the last patch, and I still have no answer. Managing mods has dozens of itā€™s own bugs too. Hope we find out whats causing yours, but this troubleshooting work should have been done by the developer with paid testers months before release.

Maybe update your C++ vc_redist.x64.exe
Maybe Options -> Allow Taunts
Maybe type !nomute in chat, or can you hear the default taunts?
Maybe verify integrity of the game
Have you tried manually installing the updated taunts to C:\Users\username\Games\Age of Empires 2 DE#steamid#\mods\Local?

Iā€™ve only seen the 2 reports here about problems, out of the 447 currently subscribed, but I really want everyone to be able to use this mod,

hi merlin, thanks for that! im sorry that i was rude :see_no_evil: i was so mad :sob: i am not going to try any of those suggestions now, since i am working on my own (graphic) mod.

im sorry u had to re-encode the whole thing for me, at least its less heavy now :sweat_smile: i will let u know when i got time and nerves to try again, if it works or not.

cu around

No worries, itā€™s frustrating they donā€™t pay us to fix their game for them that they sold to us. Finding the cause of bugs is 90% of the process of fixing them.
Also, again, but with more detailā€¦
Close the game and delete the mods folder ā€œC:\Users\username\Games\Age of Empires 2 DE#steamid#\modsā€.
Reinstalling the game or windows doesnā€™t count, as it might redownload the same possibly corrupt json.
Unsubscribing doesnā€™t count as it doesnā€™t remove the json or the folder structure.
Deleting it while game is running doesnā€™t count as it might rewrite bad files out of memory on close.
It must detect the mod folder missing when game launches.
To be extra clean unsubscribe from all mods before deleting mods folder.