8GM RAM not enough to play medium?

I know right. The prices are insane, building another pc currently for my 10yo girl I think I’ll just put another 1050 to inside. Otherwise it’s just a nightmare, hopefully they drop in a couple of years, we waited ages for the 3000 series and the lower end cards to drop but that didn’t really happen as they sold out hard plus everyone bought them for mining rigs etc so kind of screwed the prices up hard. Hoping to get a 2080 ti in the coming months for a decent price. It’s $1100 for the cpu mobo and ram gen 11 alone! Then add gpu fans case psu monitor etc and you’re looking at $2700-3000 AUD lucky I kept all my gen 7-8 gear for these computers or the kids would have tablets or cheap laptops lol

That is a smart use of your old components for sure!
Gah, $2700? Wow that is a lot. I’ve not looked at the PC component market in the US in quite some time, but when I built my PC It was probably around $1200 all things said an done. Now its probably a good 30% more then what it used to be.

Ill probably have to update my CPU first, I have a Ryzen 1600. I bought it cause AMD promised that the next 3 generations would have the same CPU socket. I was excited I would be able to upgrade without having change out my mother board as well. But then they went back on their promise as soon as Ryzen gen 2 was announced. -_- I still prefer AMD over Intel, if only because they finally forces Intel to actually try to make a better product.

1 Like

try FSR, as I explained here.

Cheers!