A request to developers - vote

An interesting mod for sure, a lot of work went into that. It can be used as inspiration for new DLC but shouldn’t just be added as is. For one it adds several new mechanics, buildings and units.
Also it adds an Habsburg Austria a Holy Roman Empire, Prussia AND german natives? That’s a lot, and the Habsburg Austrian and the HRE are basically the same. The HRE even ended in the Napoleonic era, I don’t know why it is in this mod tbh.
Also Switzerland? Maybe Im missing something about their importance but they seem like an odd choice.
The US is allready a revolution, but I guess it could work? Not sure here.

4 Likes

Hard choice because I’d like new DLCs but not necessarily NE. NE adds too much new stuff and some of them are a little out of place (e.g. Age-up with woods?).
However the Swedes seem to very much be inspired by NE, and I’d say borrowing some unit designs would be nice. To be more specific:

• Unique units for new civs like Poles, Austrians, Danes, etc.
  • European and Middle-Eastern maps with new natives.
  • One or two new shared units for all European civs.
  • Some new shared mechanisms for American/Asian civs.

Moreover, they added some unique arsenal-like upgrades for Aztecs, which is nice because Aztecs is the only civ that does not have access to any military upgrade from buildings (besides some big buttons).

Edit: so I’d like “downgrading” the mod to fit the game better rather than"upgrading" it.

1 Like

Really? :astonished: How do you know about this? If that’s true then this mod should become a DLC without any problems.

dlcs should come next month, a long time has passed

If so, I reach for my wallet - let it be that way.

1 Like

I invite you to vote:

I wish there was DLC, but is not the “Napoleonic era”

6 Likes

I’m not opposed to new content in game, However I want a fully playable and balanced game prior to releasing new content. Civ/Maps

3 Likes

I voted No, but actually do want DLC for this game, just not that mod that completely changed even the base civs, and adds both Austrians and Habsburgs, which is ridiculous.

4 Likes
  • The Germans with the ruler August II the Strong - elector of Saxony

Even 2 news civs are still messing up the game balance.
Unless they are able to solve it otherwise it will be a nightmare.
Or better becomes single player game.

i vote to a reserved yes.
i mean i do want a DLC but not whole NE.

1 Like

I would only want Poles, Danes and Persians added from that mod. Not all the civs.

The Danes aren’t there yet.

I mentioned improving this mod and adjusting it accordingly so it can become a DLC. You don’t have to change what is already there. You can just use what’s good about this mod - new civilizations and maps. This would make it easier for developers to produce European DLC (they could focus on other DLCs about Asia, Africa and American natives).

• Americans
  • Austrians
  • Danes
  • Italians
  • Poles
  • Prussians
  • Swiss
  • Persians

It sounds great. Everyone - gamers, mod makers and game producers - would benefit. Eight cool new civilizations. One American, one Asian and six European. The remaining DLC ​​could take care of other regions of the world.

Napoleonic era mod is ■■■■ as a dlc. Its for a reason a mod, it doesnt fit the theme of the game the slightest. Also really odd poll, because I dont want a mod to become a ■■■■■■ dlc, that I dont want an African dlc.

what do you think the theme of the game is

Yes to include Napoleonic civs, maps and campaigns, but not as a direct port of the mod. Just see how it’s difficult to balance Sweden.

But IMHO I would want first African and Asian civs (Safavids, Korea, Thay), with some adjustements to Asian dynasties civs to be less meme.

Age of Discovery , The control of the ocean, the struggle for colonies, Eye On The World , Black Flag , Adventure and Marine Legend.
It’s like saying sorry to conservatives that your theory doesn’t work. It’s a new era.

Corresponding to Age of Empires 2 is the Middle Ages.
If someone says that the Wild West of the United States is very unique and handsome, and they really want to join Age of Empires 2 and post the post on the forum next door, I think the response may be unfriendly.because the times do not match.

Dont get me started on how the DE developers are trying to make a different theme of it.

But the original games theme was global European colonization and trade and the nations involved with it.