Abbasid Suggestions

Making Abbasid trade stronger will not change anything for this civ.
There is nothing you build towards, china would still be better in teamgames and in 1v1 trade is not really important, water control is one big thing there, which you lack completely with Abbasid (could it be a good idea if Abbasid harbours can attack if fishing ships are garrisoned and increase the space to 5 garrisoned ships ?)

Imho the unique units need to be reworked and/or need to be quite a bit stronger. There are so many upgrades purely focused around camels while camels themself just not being worth it to get those updates.

Lets assume the cost would not even be an issue for camel units, why would you build them ? Like why would you want to build camel archers instead of archers. Or why would you want to build camel riders instead of spear (you would even lose your option to build siege in field by using those units)

Maybe it would be even enough to buff golden age, reduce the buildings needed by 15-20%.

I am Noob, just throwing in ideas, but for sure Abbasid needs some sort of buff.

2 Likes

I think camel archers are kinda fine. They make good support with a decent number mixed in with regular ranged. They also have decent stats for early and mid game. But camel riders are useless for their cost. I really hard tried to pull them off in a general comp, but I failed misserably even against hardest AI.

1 Like

Thanks, that is a really nice bug! Maybe they shoul add ā€˜roadsā€™ for Abbasid so they can link faraway places and add a tiny speed bonus hehe.

Thatā€™s not a bad idea. Itā€™s currently really difficult to hit Tier 3 Golden Age w/ Abbasid. You can build a ton of houses, but thatā€™s not really practical in the game unless Abbasid gets cheaper houses.

Yeh you are right. I stopped playing the game and a friend told me about this bug, but got it a little wrong.

After you unlocked the Golden Age, you dont need to build anymore any Production Buildings inside the area of influence and yeh you can just place the foundation and get the score up :slight_smile:

i only realise now. The other civilizations build a building, and this building this something. But when Abbasid build a wing, it does not nothing. It only gives acces to 4 technologies, which each cost expensive resources. So with Abbasid you are mostly throwing away resources? this makes Abbasid a very expensive civilization to even reach upgrades.

1 Like

its not fair only 1 landmark and its easy to destroy, they should make when u age up to come out wagon from HOW something llike mongols and u set it up, when i go to destroy other civs i need 4 , 5 builddings to destroy but for Abbs only 2 and ur doneā€¦
Not fairā€¦

1 Like

Many people will say that he has a lot of HP. But itā€™s useless, itā€™s still destroyed in a few seconds. :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

yes
Like its funny how fast get destroyedā€¦

No need to find
The golden age made these two landmarks adjacent. The cannon does not need to be moved.:joy: :joy: :joy:

Yes and the devs should give you the technology when u age up, from the wing and depending on the age, the 1.,2. or 3. tech ā€¦

If they still want to bring all civs on mongol level

1 Like

But at least each wing adds extra health to the building. It could be more though :slight_smile:

i GET THATA BUT 5 BOMBARDS AGAINST AND HOW LONG WILL IT LAST???sorry for caps

1 Like

That is part of a other problem :smiley:
Lets buff Bombards :smiley:

1 Like

@Warzor1006

I like your idea of having techs included with the Age up, as opposed to having to research the tech itself. So as you add a wing/Age up, the techs are automatically researched - or at very least the first tech from each Wing.

The House of Wisdom HP definitely needs to be buffed waaay more with each Age, given how easy the Abbasids are to snipe.

2 Likes

I donā€™t know if the next update will improve a lot.

Donā€™t worry the cannons are just as loud :wink:

I had an idea for their age up mechanic. You could get a certain bonus depending on what wing you aged up with. For example if you choose to go to age 2 with the economic wing, you would get a stockpile of 300 stone upon reaching feudal, towards an extra tc, this would increase if you choose to go with the economic wing for age 3, maybe 300 stone and gold, something like that.

If you go with the military wing perhaps you could get a military unit upgrade instantlly as you age, considering they are described as anti cavalry, perhaps the pikeman or camel upgrade depending on what age you have just reached.

Cultural Wing could be next non house of wisdom technology is free, scaling from 1, 2 and 3 free techs depending on what age you are in.

Trade Iā€™m not really too sure, perhaps free trade carts or something.

The specific bonuses arenā€™t too important, but the main point is that the Abbasids could get an instant bonus as they age up, based around what wing they chose. This would help make up for their slower age up time, and boost them towards whatever strategy they are going with.

3 Likes

In 1500 elo
This is not a game, but a slaughter :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

If you move to >1600, they are 3rd from the bottom better than England/France. Part of the issue is their worst matchup right now has a 25% pickrate.

1 Like