Abbasid Suggestions

I think the best solution would be limiting the number of troops building a single siege engine.
Imagine fifteen dudes working on a single small project, they would just get in each other’s way.
Also troops in the field have no shop and/or heavy equipment to help with construction. Better yet each additional soldier speeds up production a mere 15%

1 Like

Another thing that came to my mind:
What about instead of unlocking the colum of the wing, unlock the whole row one by one with the selected wing instant researcherd the related tech for that tier.

Like if you age to feudal with military, imideately unlock camel support and you can also research the other T1 techs. When you go from feudal to Castle with wisdom wing, imideately get the castle heal tech and be able to research the other T2 techs…

This would be an insane buff while keeping the order of wings relevant without being so restrictive.

1 Like

i’m all in for this one, because 300 wood is a loooot for a ram in the dark age, the build speed increased would be really good, so i can hit someone before they hit feudal age haha

I disagree here

One of the strong points to Abbasid to me is being able to go back and research all the techs in later ages

You can even build the extra wing (unless they changed this) after you’ve reached age 4 for the other research.

I think any villager boost no matter what it is will be the automatic choice for most players for an age 1 upgrade.

Point 5, yes please.

6: I’d like to just see a continued boost to gather rate.

9: I like the bonus to light infantry but the problem to me is always getting caught up because the camels have to sit still to move. I believe they should be able to fire while moving, like the magudai, I mean come on they’re mounted too, we all know in real life you can shoot a bow while moving on a camel (ok maybe we don’t, you can! :dromedary_camel:)

10: cool idea I like it

11: I personally don’t struggle (or worry) about age as Abbasid. I sometimes will have a 8 min age 2, but the way Abbasid plays I then instantly age 3 and then can be age 4 by 13-14 mins. Maybe it’s my build order/play style but I do not feel staying age 1 is a major handicap, especially with the ability to make rams right off.

This doesn’t feel like a bug as to drop the foundation you still spend the resources, seems ok to me and a smart way to save villager time that could be used better somewhere else.

However I could see how this can also be abused and in the future if they would reduce the ridiculous amount of buildings needed for golden age maybe this type of thing won’t be considered necessary by Abbasid players to get their bonuses.

1 Like

Eh I’m not sure a siege engine qualifies as a “small product”

These sometimes had crews of 9-15 men per siege engine historically, maybe capping it at 15 but I feel like that’s around the amount they already max out at.

And personally I enjoy the artillery circle.

Finally some worthy suggestions for the Caliphate. This civ has plenty more potential for uniqueness than English-French-HRE.

https://forums.ageofempires.com/t/abasis-rework/192224/43

Just speaking from the standpoint of having worked extensively in Construction and heavy machinery production, any more than six people on a project and you get severely diminishing returns on productivity due to equipment use times and streamline bottlenecks.
People get in each other’s way and have to wait on one another when completing a job.