Achievement problems between steam/xbox accounts: Re-earning achievements

Somewhat unexpectedly, it’s seemingly not ALL cumulative achievements that are broken. I got the “build 40 battle elephants” achievement, and it sync’d properly to Xbox.

But I guess this isn’t truly a cumulative achievement anyway, since it has to be in a single match. So perhaps the original theory of “cumulative achievements are broken” still stands.

1 Like

same problem. logged in. got 11 achievements… out of 85 !!! 74 achievements down the drain!!!

I am not happy with it because I cannot understand why it is not either nothing or all. Given the fact that some achievements, even those that i obtained in februari, did unlock, tells me that there is something very wrong.

Why is this a problem?

Well, just try to imagine… being a completionist ! (with 99,9% completion percentage!)
People care about achievements.
I can now never get those anymore unless there is a fix that scans for all the missing achievements in the game (on steam) and grants them ALL to my xbox account, which should have happened in the first place.

Here is the list of what I did obtain. they are not just the most recent! The date is the date this achievement unlocked for me on steam.

The Wonder, the Wonder, Noooooo… (sep, 25)
Iron Maid (feb, 2)
Guardian of Scotland (oct, 30)
El Campeador (feb, 4)
Emperor of Tenochtitlan (aug, 22)
Yes We Khan! (aug, 16)
The Cabbage King (aug, 17)
The English Justinian (nov, 3)
Huney, I Shrunk the Romans (feb, 9)
Battle Beast (oct, 1)
Burgundian Victory (nov, 17)

I cannot deduce anything from this. As a bit of extra information. I unlocked my first achievement on 29 Oct, 2021. and have earned 13 achievement in that year. None of those are in this list, but the list has big omissions anyway, so I do not know if that means anything. Since this is over a year’s worth of playing the game, regaining them is out of the question (and getting the game on gamepass is not a solution to this problem, imo)

I have the same problem.I have unlocked all of them on steam for both AOE 2 DE and AOE 4 and on xbox i had to do some of them again.Some of them i can do ten times still not unlocking.Is there a fix or not?

Are devs worried about this?

This issue is already being tracked, yes. Steam only awards achievements to the Xbox user if they are signed in at the time of completion.

Weird that I always connected but the chu ko nu achievements doesnt progress, even the Folwark one dont

1 Like

I have absolutely the same issue with the Folwark achievement. And yes, I’m signed into the Xbox. And was signed in all the time.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply, but , that is not exactly correct.
The problem is that not all achievements are synced properly.

Some achievement that were obtained on steam (so with earlier time of completion) before logging in with the xbox user are unlocked on the xbox profile upon logging in, but (in my case) many are not. (11 did, 74 didn’t.)

As to why, I have no idea, as it appears to be random as far I can possibly tell. The problem is even bigger than that since many people have reported issues with re-earning the achievement just for the xbox profiles.

Then what should happen? In my opinion, ALL achievements that you previously obtained on steam should automatically carry over to your xbox-profile when you sync your account/ie log in with xbox profile.
Why? This is exactly the way it works with other games, for example Halo infinite. The difference there of course, is that you have to be logged in to your xbox-profile, whereas for AOEIIDE you have a choice. When I started playing halo MCC on the pc, also it worked the other way around. All achievements obtained on the xbox were immediately unlocked on steam as well as soon they came available.

Had i known this would not happen, I would not have logged in at all. Of course one should always do their due diligence in researching if there were any issues beforehand, but given my previous experience with syncing I did not. Now my completion percentage on xbox is messed up :frowning: I mean, it would be kind of understandable when Zero achievement would have been unlocked, but some yes and some no, that is just broken, especially considering that from what I understand that for many of those achievements (but not all, also weird) it is now nigh impossible to unlock them again. For most, people, that is something that should be looked into first, however complete sync with the steam achievements would also solve this problem.

Sorry for the long read, hopefully it has provided some insight in the problem:)

1 Like

Nothing on this matter yet? I have 48 achievements on Steam and 38 achievements on Windows.

It shows up on my Xbox profile, that’s why it bothers me.

1 Like

What’s the name and conditions of the achievements you didn’t get?
(to see if they are the same as mine)

Getting the same issue:

https://forums.ageofempires.com/t/dark-humor-xbox-achievement-not-unlocking

On one hand, glad to see it’s not just me, on the other hand, I’m AMAZED this has been an issue for so long without a fix, how hard is it to have a tracker, and once it hits 100%, ping, unlock?

2 Likes

same problem here, I have unlocked 2 achievements on steam, but they are not unlocking on xbox, I have windows + G activated

1 Like

Same issue here. My list of achievements unlocked in Steam, but NOT on XBox Live are:
Unexpected
It’s a Treb!
Knocking on Your Door
Pleasant Peasant
Hun, What Are You doing?
Too Lame to Tame
Castle Crusher
Wololo

Any update at all on how to get them to unlock on XBox Live once achieved in Steam?!?

Any update on this? Kinda strange that its been years since this was reported. At least AOEIV achievements can be synced Steam>Xbox by deleting the folder under Documents/My games.

1 Like

Created an account just to add my name to the list. I also have that problem. I can’t believe the devs did not fix it after 3 years.

Please don’t say the issue is being tracked and still no update after a year and a half…

1 Like