Adam Isgreen about AOE 4 graphic style

Total war has choreographic animations and pre-set engagements regarding animations, you cant pull your soldiers away, you cant produce 1 unit but a squad. Are you trolling us dude? You have not seen any animation work of units in the game yet regarding combat and as someone else mentioned the ‘no blood and gore’ comment does not meant that there wont be blood.

1 Like

I did hear such argument “wait till you actually play the game” a lot,
just look around, shouldn’t a game so big like AoE have much more people interested ?

3 Likes

It has people interesting, you are just hating it too much to see. Just go play something else for the time being. PC gaming subreddits and gaming sites are very excited in majority, not sure where you see that people are not interested lol

I am just realistic for the current situation. There is merely a handful of interested people online and even there, majority does disapprove the direction AoE4 does go ahead.

I do see them rather to repeat mistakes of AoE online and other projects they did work on.
Sure from “functionality” stand point it is going to be a good project. But is AoE4 really what people wanted from AoE after 20 years of waiting?

-if it is technically possible to make graphics way better, people are going to see current graphics as inferior
-people have a very clear vision how a sequel should be approached, I don’t see it happening by AoE4.

3 Likes

Lol you’re just throwing dust and naming it ‘‘Majority does disapprove’’. You have 0 evidence of that. Refer to reddit that has more people and the trailer comments from microsoft and IGN videos that have 1+ mil views. Your view is obviously false.

lets compare how much people did google it
https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?q=AoE4,Age%20of%20Empires%204,C%26C,Starcraft

lets look at the survey with merely 1.465 people who did check it.

Also from that survey Bright and realistic (Age ofEmpires 1/2/3, Total War) was voted 85,6%
Cartoony did get only 1,6%.

So maybe people are right, they are not doing the game a favour by keeping the current graphics?

2 Likes

I’m talking about the relationship between the height and width of the models if you read again. The crops are ridiculous, the area they occupy, the extension, is minimal compared to the height of the crop, do you understand?

I didn’t Remember that survey. That’s interesting to see how developers are going far from what has been voted

Thats good, since AOE4 does not look cartoony. You’re just a hater at this point.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for proving that people are excited and devs are supporting the majority of fans with their want which is bright and colourful graphics (i don’t care for the graphics so don’t come at me and I didn’t take part in that survery either, i only give a ■■■■ for the core gameplay and missing blood in the game). And now this—>

1 Like

No hable espaneol. Yes, I showed on top how crops are to the scaled. So you want crops to occupy entire castle lot? Give me a break. That will be ridiculous. It looks to occupy similar area of farms in other age games. Plus it is relic, their idea of resource gathering is resource point (lol), so it could be a hard concept to implement for them.

1 Like

There is also this survey, after trailer release.

As we can see, from that Survey 33% don’t like the Art Style.
Its very clear there are quite many people who don’t like it.

We had for 2 years basically zero info’s and now we don’t even see them make official surveys.
The question is, why is a game created without to check if people are actually like what they see?

And I see their entire approach like this cartoon.

If you are creating a game, shouldn’t you em, like interact and communicate with community?

even Paid review sides, who were paid to say nice stuff about AoE4, do speak openly AoE4 does have a cartoon look. Like Rock Paper Shotgun and gamestar

1 Like

Rockpapershotgun are a garbage site, their opinions matter nothing to me. They are the same people who cry and make propaganda against Cyberpunk 2077. People cant tell bright from cartoony, that means you dont know artistic styles. Plus the texture work on AOE4 trailer looks really good, its evident on grass and walls mostly. Wait till you see more. The surveys you posted work against you, the majority is happy. Also, that survey is vastly wrong because people say their favourite game is AOE3 which is a blatant lie when it comes to majority. People love AOE2 by a large difference. This got promoted to AOE3 subreddit probably more.

1 Like

Ok, let’s start again and rebuild from zero the art style of the game because just a 33% of the people didn’t like it.

You can’t please both h3ll and heaven. There always gonna be people who doesn’t like what you do. And 33% is not enough to justify such thing as reworking the art style, even when more than half of the people actually like it.

1 Like

Hey there, 406 people are very low for a sample size. Just to let you know. So with that sample size, 34% is even less. Granted people haven’t seen the gameplay so the reaction there is understandable. This is how it should be. Simple. I am not getting why people here in forums stuck in graphics past 1 month, and everywhere else people are talking about ideas.

Have you heard AOE 4 won’t have microtransaction yet? Or ability to lower down the saturation in the game yet? Or features that are really step up from other RTS games in market? I get it that minority people don’t like the graphics, majority does. And that’s end of the argument. I didn’t like the setting, but I suck it up because again, other AOE fans in thousands asked for a medieval setting.

Can we all move on to new topics please? I see trolling, I see worthless arguments and waste of energy in the forum.

Sure we can pretend that everything is OK , its not like “ahem” ever AoE online or Dawn of War 3 happened.

Is it really an acceptable situation to see a project flop, just because some lights/colours were too shiny and units models too chubby/toy like? Its not like people requested a complete over hull? Fewer strong shiny colours here, more human like proportions there, some red paint by getting hit and it might be seen in a different light.

Problem is, if developers are already unable to properly respond for the graphics, that have been heavily criticized by many across all the internet. How is it going to be for very important parts like gameplay and balance? I don’t like to see the opportunity, to set things right for RTS genre with new AoE, to be wasted.

2 Likes

They dont respond because the majority is happy. It’s just a vocal minority like you who dramatize everything.

I am just very realistic what happened to their last projects.

I do still very good remember Dawn of War 3.

There have been enough voices back there as Dawn of War 3 was introduced regarding the graphics.

And how badly the project did perform till they had officially to abandon it.

What is different now?

2 Likes

Having played all of dawn of war, I can tell you, the reasons behind dow3 was lack of good gameplay, ■■■■ business model, moba like tactics, and lack of funding after decreasing enthusiasm from fans.
Graphics were yes," cartoony, " but luckily AOE 4 is between DOW 3 and COH 2. Overreaction is a correct word for minority fans.

1 Like

no body is telling you or stopping you to stop criticize the game. But criticize when the product has more info and you’ve had some hands on. Graphics isn’t the only benchmark, move your needle people.

Yalls needle is stuck in the “cartoony-graphics” because you have find nothing else wrong so far. There is terrain features, unit pathing features, organic voice features and list goes on. Say something positive too.

Yes DOW 3 and AOEO were trash, almost no one will disagree with you here.