Add Option to Change Player Color in Multiplayer and Skirmish

Seen quite a few topics about it on here, reddit and steam. Seems to be cropping up quite a lot in most requested features I’m sure the developers have seen it.

Myself I’m enjoying the game greatly but no colour choice is a bizzare omission and I hope we dont have to wait long for it to be resolved.

3 Likes

Let’s hope the devs care enough. It’s a small enough issue where it’s not game-breakingly vital enough to be fixed, but will make plenty of people upset if it goes unchecked for long.

2 Likes

Why there is no sellection about color changing?

5 Likes

Developer choice. :smile:

Very not the choice of players.

3 Likes

lol another issue that was reported in beta and not implemented for release. wtf were they doing the last few months?

5 Likes

They where obviously playing the game at work. XD

You know, finding bugs…

Color selection is not that important vs playability.

2 Likes

No, player color is extremely important when it comes to playability and the default team colors option is absolutely atrocious. “Attack red!” “Which red?”

This is a BASIC FEATURE necessary in all RTS games. Refunding.

4 Likes

You can at least disable team colours so everyone has a unique colour however I definitely want the option to choose colours for at least skirmish and custom games.

One thing I like to do is have one team as ‘cold’ colours (blue, green, cyan) and the other team as ‘warm’ colours (red, orange, yellow) this works well as it is easy in big games to quickly identify who is bad and who is good but also be able to identify individual players.

Currently in 4v4 the first team is blue, red, green and yellow which is a mix of warm and cold colours and its pretty confusing.

Choosing your colour is one of those things you don’t notice until its gone, I really hope this can come in an early patch.

1 Like

RTS games have featured multiplayer colour selection since the mid-90’s. Why would you not include it?

5 Likes

there is no objective advantage from stripping this feature.
Outside of saving a bit of development time and/or money. But that’s hardly something players-customers should care about.

2 Likes

I’m very disappointed! I’m still watching

3 Likes

I do not like blue! I do not like blue! I do not like blue!

4 Likes

Unfortunately for now, we can’t change the colour manually.
But at least you can change from the basic team colours that makes things really confusing (blue,red,yellow) to unique colours for every player.

1 Like

I want to play as red English, blue French, yellow Mongols…
How do i change colors? all blue is just unbearable.

20 Likes

You cant it is a real shame. Make your voice heard and hopefully this is something that can be added. It is very surprising and dissapointing its not in the release game though.

13 Likes

by carefully timing the time at which you join the lobby. Other than that, you can’t as of right now

4 Likes

Its unbelievable, this BASIC feature is already in the game…
Why this is a thing?

9 Likes

I wish I made it more of a point to bring up in the closed and open betas but I perhaps foolishly assumed it would be in on the release version.

9 Likes

Don’t feel too bad. They basically ignored all of our beta feedback (so far). Maybe they’ll start reflecting some of it in a patch soon? One hopes?

12 Likes

Well thats disappointing that you can’t change your color…

5 Likes