Add Option to Change Player Color in Multiplayer and Skirmish

The beta was only one month before release, and the main goal of the beta was testing performances, this limits how much they could implement by release.

But yes so many features are missing… including the elephant in the room that is the editor.

5 Likes

Unbearable is an understatement… it’s unacceptable. I actually requested a refund over the lack of this “feature”.

7 Likes

There was also a closed beta a few months a go but I’m reluctant to say anything much about it in case its considered an NDA breach. I do remember others bringing the colour selection up back then though.

6 Likes

By “ignored” I don’t just mean “didn’t fix by release.” I also mean they haven’t commented on which things they plan on even fixing, and they ignore all specific questions when you ask them during Q&A sessions. Communication has been uniformly abysmal.

Here’s hoping they um, stop doing that.

6 Likes

I am so disappointed! Do they actually read these forums, or do I have to write snail-mail to Microsoft to get them to wake up and pay attention because this is…I can’t even find a good word for it! I love the game otherwise…but this…I can’t even!!

4 Likes

You are right, but that should’ve been their issue, not ours. This damn new way of releasing unfinished games is killing me.

2 Likes

There were a lot of things like that for me. Like rebinding camera pan, binding to mouse buttons, and selecting a random civ. “Well it’s just the tech test, those will obviously be in the full release because they’re so standard.”

1 Like

Don’t force me to use blue! I do not like blue! I do not like blue! I do not like blue!

4 Likes

Is there a friend-foe color hotkey? (blue/red)

They probably wanted to emulate starcraft2 pvp. Previous games allowed you to pick a color, so people are clamoring for it. Not sure why they didn’t go a head and added it to begin with considering its always been in their games apart from aoe1. They should let us use colorblind tools to change the colors of friend and foe to our liking.

1 Like

Normly, a game developper team build the map editeur first, to make it easy for them to create map scenario.

It normal have a map editer and a unit editeur in it…

Theam color is lso basic thing . XD

1 Like

To can turn on friend or foe colors in options

1 Like

Been a very long time since I played SC2 but I do remember being able to pick colour in custom games and skirmish. I liked being purple or pink when Zerg.

Currently AOE4 does not let you pick colour anywhere.

2 Likes

Yeah I am talking about pvp ladder. They also added in color blind features to essentially customize any colors you want. This game should try to do the same eventually.

2 Likes

Please let us change our player color. Also, whats the difference between Unique and Team-based player colors? I’m still blue no matter what I do.

2 Likes

Team colors is you’re blue, your buddies are yellow, and your enemies are red. Turning this garbage off only slightly helps. Unique colors, from my understanding, assigns you a color based on the position in which you entered the lobby. I didn’t want to spend any more time in game upon discovering this and haven’t tested how it works because it’ll hurt my chances of receiving the refund I requested. (literally over this issue)

1 Like

I see. Thanks for the reply. I’m thinking about doing the same. I won’t go over the 2 hour play time limit and if this doesnt get resolved in 2 weeks, i’ll refund as well.

1 Like

Hey,
The color system is absolutely outrageous.

Team-Based coloring as a default option is a huge issue on its own, the Unique coloring is kinda hidden in the settings.
More importantly though, why we can’t choose our color? There is no advantage in having that or another color, it’s just a preference that makes the gameplay more pleasant.

It doesn’t have to be super profound system, few colors and a simple button like in AoE2 would do the job. How is this not a thing in a AAA RTS game in 2021 is just out of my mind.

5 Likes

Game designer and players live in diferent world.

This is so much exciting.

2 Likes

I do not kown why! I want to use red!

1 Like