Adding Aztecs for AOE4

So basically, what if they made the Aztecs into a “stealthy” or “ambush” civlization in AOE4??

Seing as how units can now hide in trees like shown in the old gameplay trailer, they could be weaker in terms of HP but faster, maybe give them some bonus like attacking faster while hiding in the tree’s or something, it sounds fun and based

13 Likes

Having a civ built around mobility, and tying that with taking advantage of map features such as the sneaky trees sounds incredibly fun.

Depends how crazy assymetric you get, personally, I’d like to see a civ be able to plant its own forests/sneaky forests, which it utilises as a bonus giving territory, and I’d really like to see another civ build roads/highways that allows them rapid movement across the map.

10 Likes

Yeah… and a self-naked warior bitting armored man at arms sound very funny and very realistic… wait, isnt a reality a thing which people demands so hardy?

Pretty sure not everyone is demanding everything to be 100% super accurate like a realistic simulation

5 Likes

No, but they should not be able to go toe-to-toe with plate armoured Pike & Shotte Infantry or Heavy Cavalry, and not get destroyed.
I already made a topic about how Native Americans can be both realistic and balanced, I encourage you all to check it.

6 Likes

Aztecs will definitely be added in AOE 4 , the question is when

4 Likes

Probably in a overpriced DLC 2 years later…

1 Like

They will probably create an Add on with the Spanish, Inca, Aztec and Maya

5 Likes

Were the Aztecs particularly stealthy? I am not super familiar with their fighting style.

2 Likes

Every Light Infantry unit was stealthy, when they wanted to. It is called skirmishing.

4 Likes

No, not really. They often actually announced that they’d be coming to do battle (if it was a city state they’d want to conquer, they’d send an offer to be subjugated peacefully or else… if they just wanted captives for sacrifice, they’d just state that they’ll be coming). Concept in OP is fun, but does not fit the Aztecs thematically.

6 Likes

But what about skirmishes, did the aztecs ever use their animal skin to blend with the enviroment like jaguar warriors or something, in the jungle.

No. The animal-clothed Jaguar and Eagle Knights were some of the loudest and most arrogant warrior elites in the world. They wanted to draw out the enemy into the open field, to capture for sacrifice, not use subterfuge to do it.
They had a gallant concept of military honour, not unlike the Paladins of Charlemagne, or the Samurai. Even went so far as challenging the enemy to duels, in the midst of battle.

The Jaguar Knights were the caste that tried to counter-charge the Spanish Cavalry in teh Battle of Otumba, with disatrous results.

7 Likes

More like the obsidian weapon

was able to cut the head of the horses with 1 sling

2 Likes

The Aztecs should only be added in an expansion along with Spanish and other Mesoamerican civilizations.

6 Likes

That is, if the gatekeepers dont convince the devs to not add them at all because according to them “they don’t fit the timeline”

1 Like

We don’t need Spanish, we just need Aztecs, Incas and/or Maya. Half of the civ spots are already taken by European civs, it would be nice if America would get some love.

This “but muh they have to interact with muh Europeans” mentality goes on my nerves a bit to be honest. Like they don’t have stories on their own.

6 Likes

I already told you in another thread. Mesoamericans cannot go out alone because they would be isolated. If you want they to go out and also do it with good campaigns, they have to go out together with Spaniards.

6 Likes

Only if they stood still, and were not barded, which was never the case.

They could not cut through this, which was made specifically to protect the neck of the horse.

Weapons that struck the horse to dismount the rider, were not unknown in the Old World, and against Steel, the Obsidian blades just shattered.

7 Likes

Tarascans vs Aztecs? Aztecs vs Maya? Chimu vs Inca? No campaign material? What the hell.

4 Likes