Age IV - Technical Stress Test Announced!

Interesting, hope it all goes well. Will be nice to be able to talk about the game publicly.

4 Likes

To all the developers working so tirelessly behind the scenes, thank you. I know some times I can be harsh in my critique, but the fact that a compromise on zoom is happening makes me so incredibly optimistic for the future of this game.

30 Likes

Thank you for listening to the feedback regarding the zoom Devs. Godspeed to you all in your work.

11 Likes

BuT tHe GrApHiCs ArE uGlY, sO nO tHeY hAvEnā€™T

4 Likes

Of course the only weekend Iā€™m out of town.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome, looking forward!

Question to previous closed beta testers on steam:
As former closed beta tester I still had this (uninstalled obviously!) in my list of games (before applying anything),

I also now applied here (from main game steam store page):
but just curious since i might have not been clear on the wording, do we actually need to ask for steam access if we were already in the closed beta before? (I did it just in case but I am thinking maybe it was not necessary :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Good news on the zoom fix, ready to test the game again.

1 Like

Canā€™t wait to try it out, and hereā€™s hoping the zoom is acceptable this time around, and the game is a massive hit!

1 Like

Whatā€™s Changed Since the Closed Beta?

Balance work. For those that joined us, you will notice additional balance work thatā€™s gone into both the English and Chinese civilizations.   

YYEEESSSS!!! Can finally participate in 1v1 w/o longbow spam opponents!!

2 Likes

this is gonna be dope, thank you. I also wonder with so many people coming in there will be so many haters who will be coming just to crap on the game.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve made a Step by Step guide for how to install them here: How To Get Into the Age of Empires 4 Stress Test - YouTube

8 Likes

Do we have to sign up again if we were already part of the previous beta?

They wonā€˜t be available in the stress Test

Great news, everything is as we expected.
Particularly encouraging is the news that the developers listened to the feedback from beta testers and worked with the camera scale (although some here doubted the competence of the development team), this means that they will still try to do everything possible to improve the product based on realistic requests, this is cool. I look forward to playing AoE 4 again, it was exciting then, and it will be just as exciting now.

1 Like

You should read the blog post before making assumptions, shouldnā€™t you?

3 Likes

My fault, when they mentioned 4 civs, I glanced over Chinese and thought it would be the 4 from closed beta. Happy Iā€™m wrong!

1 Like

No more NDA for stress test, so we are allowed to stream or not?

2 Likes

nda do not apply for stress test, but it is not the final product.

You are alowed to stream stress test.

But, NDA for the beta test still aply and beta test canā€™t be spoken or stream.

finally a good and far spread informational beta for anyone. Thats great. And its more than a month before release, so stuff can still be changed. great ;D

3 Likes

Yes you are right. In addition, at least the beta testers can also see what has changed. :smiley:

3 Likes