Age of Empires 2 DE in dutch

Hi everyone,
Iam new to this forum. I tryed to find my question and the answer but couldn’t find it.
Is it possible to get Age of Empires DE 2 in Dutch/ Nederlands. Maybe by downloading a mod?
I hope its somehow possible

Thanks for any help

F

Installing the game in your native language will ensure that you will have large difficulties communicating with the online community. I would not recommend it if you are trying to become a good player.

Ik vind dat die nederlandse namen echt nergens op slaan, maar je moet het zelf weten natuurlijk. Als je enkel voor het plezier speelt kan ik het wel begrijpen. Succes.

Thanks for your respons. The question is for my wife who doesnt read or understand english. And she likes to play the missions.
If there is a way that the missions can be played with dutch/ nederlands text, please let me know

1 Like

Dutch is not officially supported by the game (you can see in Steam page languages section).

You can see english version of texts in “AoE2DE\resources\en\strings\key-value\key-value-strings-utf8.txt”. Modding info is in “key-value-modded-strings-utf8.txt” file in same folder. It is possible to translate them, but like you can see, there are a lot of texts and so this is really a lot of work.

It might be possible to create a program, which translates textual parts of string file to dutch using Google Translate API. You can’t translate whole file using API, because it has things, which should not be translated, like “<ORANGE>”, etc. Google Translate does not do perfect job though.

Maybe your wife could use this game for learning english. Would be helpful :smiley:

1 Like