Age of Empires 4 - Landmarks Tier List

Age of Empires 4 - Landmarks Tier List
by Aussie_Drongo

1 Like

Tl;Dr: One of many reasons why Chinese suck is the fact that they only have 1 good Landmark in the castle Age 3, everything else sucks or is a worse version of what other empires get (Barbican vs Kremlin). Being able to build 2 terrible Landmarks doesn’t make them any better.

Some things to point out which do not make sense to me:

The Barbican of the Sun is ranked higher than the Rus Kremlin Landmark, despite the Rus Kremlin being a strictly superiour Landmark. It does more dps and also adds an economic boost ontop of it.

See this link:

I also do not agree with the Spirit Way ranking. Yes you can reduce the cost of Dynasty units by 30% but to get ANY effect out of this Landmark, you need to have advanced to a Dynasty in the first place. Thats minimum 600 ressources you need to invest before this Landmark has any effect. This is just awful compared to other non Chinese landmarks.

The other Chinese Landmarks I agree with. They obviously need buffs. The Great Wall Gatehouse doesn’t have any use right now since players would rather build a Keep than a giant Wall. And its effect Radius is way too small. Therefore I have already suggested it should buff all infantry on walls regardless of where they are, but have a smaller effect. Maybe then players would start using infantry on walls.

It would be better if the Spirit Way Landmark also offered unique techs for Dynasty units… And there is no reason to get anything other than Song Dynasty before reaching Imperial Age. The Zhuge Nu, which is not a great unit (hopefully this will change next week) also does not have its wood cost reduced.

Another thing I do not agree with is the low ranking of all the Keep Landmarks. For example the White Tower for the English or the HRE Keep Landmark. Because of something that many people do not take into account: The ability to rebuild Landmarks once destroyed. When you lose a Keep, those 800 stone are gone. But you can simply rebuild Landmarks using wood, and the map has a lot more wood than stone. In practice you should never run out of wood.

1 Like