Age of Empires II 25th Anniversary Giveaway!

Join us in celebrating the 25th anniversary of the original release of Age of Empires II with exciting giveaways across our channels! :tada:

To enter, leave a comment below sharing your favorite Age of Empires II memory!

Five winners will be drawn randomly for the Animated Icons Bundle Vol. 1 here on the forums and notified via DM on 2024-10-04T17:00:00Z, so be sure to keep your messages open!

If you already own the icons bundle, don’t worry—we’re also giving away Victors & Vanquished (Instagram), Return of Rome (X), The Mountain Royals (Discord), and Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition (Facebook)!

22 Likes

my favorite age of empires II memory is winning a 2v2 team game with my brother.

3 Likes

My favorite AOE 2 memory is a 3v4 solo TG where I was able to fight 2 players at once with just Leiciai nothing more and still winning, was epic.

3 Likes

The power you feel when soloing! :heart:

1 Like

My favorite and most beautiful childhood memory was when I played the Age of Empires 2 The Age of Kings learning campaign for the first time alongside my brother and seeing William Wallace arrive with his army in the last scenario was an unforgettable experience. and captivating (wallace has arrived!)

1 Like

One of my favourite Age of Empires II memory was seeing my father try the multiplayer function with his and my mom’s PCs, then offering myself to help him and expreincing a feeling of awe upon discovering the ability to command villagers to build stuff like houses, farms, mills and towers for the first time.

1 Like

uno de mis mayores recuerdos fue cuando game mi primer 1vs1 en arabia

2 Likes

The first time I discovered AoE2 was some old Russian version of AoE2 before I was even able to read or write at all, so the language didnt matter :cowboy_hat_face: Also I remember playing black forest through direct-ip matches with my primary school friends.

1 Like

I remember coming home from school and got on Windows XP just to play. playing the campaigns and kept pasting “how do you turn this on” and have a whole bunch of cobras gathered at the drop point. Those classic warning sounds like medieval PTSD to me.

1 Like

I still remember when I was a kid, I walked into my dads room while he was playing this game, I sat down and watched him play for like an hour. After I wished for this game for Christmas and I got it, we played every single Sunday.

I came back to this game in my late teens, deciding to play properly. In my younger years I was in way over my head and instead of learning the game I had resorted to cheating.

Winning my first mission (Vinlandsaga) and my first campaign (El Cid) properly is still dear in my heart.

1 Like

I was 9 years old in 1997 when I went with my father to his friend’s house, he enthusiastically showed us a game that taught how to command civilizations and taught a lot of history, it was the first contact I had with the Age of series, the first Age of Empires, I was too young to buy it and I dedicated myself to looking for ways to play it, I could only find demo or trial versions on the internet and I was content with just that, it was love at first sight, after I was able to buy it I got them all, I still have them all to this day.

I started with AGE2 age of Kings in 1999
I started this amazing journey with my family

The complete series of AGE OF EMPIRES that I have so far
There are games including Age of Mythology

I also met many communities and connected friends because of these games

3 Likes

My favorite moment in the game is when I win a 1v3 game with full cataphracts (normal non-rank game)

1 Like

My favorite memory was watching Gengis Khan arriving with his army for the first time in his campaign in the original Age of Kings.

1 Like

My best friendships were forged around the battlefields of AoE2. I have very fond memories of lugging the old computers and routers to friends’ houses in order to set up a LAN game, and struggling with IP connections in the HD era. So glad to have this game not just alive but thriving in 2024, and friendships to continue battling it out on those fields of glory!

1 Like

The moment you’ve been training for!

Love to hear about people playing together across generations!

The lengths we went to for fun back in the day… :grinning:

That is always a good feeling!

1 Like