Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition — Update 34055

Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition - Update 34055

Welcome, friends and medieval historians, to the first major update for Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition ! We are proud to introduce the December game update, which is accompanied by a looooong list of bug fixes, our first major civilization balance changes, as well as new gameplay additions and features we’ve prepared for Age of Empires II .

As the first major update since the game’s release last month, the short answer is: A LOT! The teams have been working hard to improve everything from the stability and performance of the game to balance changes that bring some of the more powerful civilizations in line with the rest of the roster. This (of course) includes some much-needed (and much-requested) love to the Steppe Lancer, which has been a major point of contention over the past month.

Overall, there are over 100 fixes in today’s build; all of which can be found in the update notes, below! Enjoy!

Read More…

11 Likes

UHUUUl when i came to home i will play and see the differences :smile::crossed_swords:

HUGE difference in performance. Ranked performance test went up from 1218 to 1270 with UHD pack on max settings. Game loads more smoothly, there is less stuttering and it looks better in general.

Props to the team, hoping for more updates like these!

2 Likes

there is for me a BIG bug i dont see the icons anymore, there all gone, from the vills buildings all

Massive patch! Well done! I see the Vietnamese received no changes, pity.

Any updates on when you will fix the data values in the civ menu dialog so that modders can add new civs? As far as I understand it, this has not been fixed with this patch, right?

1 Like

Unfortunately, all completed campaign missions have been marked Bronze, though I completed all of the ones I have completed, on Hard. :frowning:

3 Likes

it was a mod that caused the bug

Good job, thank you for the serious support !

I don’t understand why they don’t recognize the effort of complete campaigns in hard mode. I don’t want to repeat again. It tooks me long time.

4 Likes

My friends can not launch the game in Windows 7 system after the game updating.
May anybody help?

Yup same here. Win 7 x64 crashes when you try to start single player game or load a saved game

No fix for Sushi Lover achievement? I did like 1000 ships as Japanese. And the steam Forums say you are aware of this Problem…

this update ban windows7 :smiley::smiley: good job

1 Like

Can someone tell me how long it usually take to fix a problem like that and release a new update? Or do they really try to push us to Win10 and do nothing about it?

I think they could not detect the finish difficulty before, they added the code now

I used to get 40 FPS using UHD now I get 100-120

Love you FE!

1 Like

Is there anyone else who is having problems when using the new 2019 Winter Celebration Mod? the game says I have already installed it, but it does not appear in “my mods” and I don’t how to use it. Help pls

my mods only has your mods, not mods you installed from mod center

Awesome patch and better in every way except ONE thing.

I’m now getting a bug where it no longer tells me when my hotkeys clash with each other when I am changing my hotkeys profile and I also can’t cancel out of the hotkeys section … only out of other game options sections.

Other than those two issues with the hotkeys page … this patch is awesome in every way!

EDIT: Oh, and I can’t cancel off the hotkeys tab.