📜 Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition — Update 39284

Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition - Update 39284

It’s that time again! The July update is HERE with a new seasonal event, a long list of balance changes to the civs and maps in Age II: DE , several brand-new features, and even a new battlefield where you can fight for supremacy!

Learn More…

:scroll: Read up on the Changes: Age of Empires II: DE — Update 39284

:speech_balloon: Join the Discussion: Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition

:smiley: Get Involved: Age of Empires on Discord

Enjoy!

11 Likes

Hey, almost all changes are from the forums this month, noice.

8 Likes

Exciting month for the Age of Empires series. Please continue your hard work. I appreciate it.

7 Likes

No changes to Leitis!!! #HailLeitisforever

5 Likes

I like all, apart from the battle elephants nerf. The pathfinding fix really sounds awesome and I hope it is in reality aswell. Really love the new global queue! Well done devs! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Someone know what does it mean “Users playing with less than 16 GB of RAM or 1 GB of VRAM will now automatically default to and download low resolution UI assets.”

1 Like

Admit it Evangelos, it was already ready but you guys waited 202020 to release it. :joy:

3 Likes

amazing work!! thanks guys!!

I really like al changes, except from the elephants one. I think now they’re not viable anymore for both viets and burmese. Should nerf khmer instead.

BTW, any news about the freezing issue?

4 Likes

don’t know about freezing, but pathing is a HECK OF A LOT BETTER.
it also concerns me about what might happen to franks and the lot.

4 Likes

JonOlli (and others) got the 20% gold discount for portugeuese and I applaud you for convicing the devs with your idea.

I remain skeptical that this will help portugese in a significant matter, maybe 3-4% at best.
Was hoping for more brave changes from the devs.

Caravels where already hard to justify against galleons in most situations. Now galleons got even a bit cheaper while caravels slightlx increased in price. I dont understand the reasoing.

The elefant nerfs is very appreciated, they ruined post imp teamgames on the lower elo sides too often, to keep in unchanged.

1 Like

its better to give small changes, than end up with a broken/OP civ/unit… more people complain about big changes than small changes, as they also tend to have larger unforeseen ramifications…

as people mentioned turks werent buffed, while almost everyone else was except for archer races (thanks to better pathing) combined with the buffs to specific civs, if those specific buffs were even bigger, do you begin to see how issues can compound?

1 Like

Probably that you can’t enable uhd and are limited to what you can change in the graphic settings (ex. no 3d waves)

1 Like

I fully expected the caravel’s price to be compensated for if the bonus got improved since once they are massed it’s pretty much gg and increasing the gold cost for all units would make them easier to get anyway. But yeah, making them more expensive feels a bit unfair.

Not gonna bother playing for another month :clown_face:
boycotting until allowed back into social community

Played 7 games now within the new patch, in 5 games a enemy or a teammate droped out of the game, feels like the game gets worse every month, not because of bad changes in balance or poor map pool choices, both seems very nice. The game is very bad right now, because i tend to spend 3-5 min. most times in group search then, 1 min in civ draft only for the game to show that something did go wrong and i got to search again. This happens approx. every 3 games, then if there is finally a game, in alot of games approx. 1/3 of the games that started, a player dorps out in the first 5 min. Its not that the Game its self is bad but it feels bearly playable if you dont have hours to wait and search for new games in the hope they wont end in a view minutes because of player drops.

I love the game and do play it a lot , i want to keep enjoing it with my firends but sadly it seems to get worse

2 Likes

Any new graphic skins or units in the Scenario Editor?

1 Like

Love the patch notes but the continued breaking of the recorded games is really frustrating. Is there a way to roll back the game to see older recorded games?

Is the pathing really any better?

And Condotierro are still too weak(-5G price will do)
And Karambits are better but still lose viability to Trashhanded swords

And siege towers are broken as units

1 Like