📜 Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition — Update 50292

Age of Empires II: DE - Update 50292

Hello and welcome to another release filled with exciting updates, balance changes, and bug fixes for Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition!

Today’s build brings a number of fixes to the game which reduce the likelihood of a freeze or client crash, as well as numerous other fixes and balance changes available for you to discover in this post below.

:scroll: Read up on the Changes: Age of Empires II: DE — Update 50292

If you have an issue, please head to support.ageofempires.com .

Learn More…

:speech_balloon: Join the Discussion: Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition

:smiley: Get Involved: Age of Empires on Discord

Enjoy!

Summary
  • Co-Op is now live! You can read more about this new feature here: Co-Op Has Arrived!
  • Empire Wars now lives in the Ranked queue.
  • We’ve made CaptureAge easier than ever to use by adding UI support in Spectate (including in-game)/Replay menus.
  • Lots and lots and lots of bug fixes – these patch notes are long!
  • Balance changes!

Hotfix #50700
After last week’s massive Age of Empires II Update 50292, the team has worked tirelessly to address critical issues found by you, made available RIGHT NOW in Hotfix 50700!

• Fixed crashes reported by Steam users when syncing Achievements with their Xbox Live account.
  • Fixed an issue with an incorrect Civilization appearing in the first Gajah Mada scenario.
  • Updated the Mod system to handle scenarios where folders are using both capital and lower casing.
  • Resolved crashes reported by some users trying to load save games from the previous build (47820).
  • Fixed a rare issue affecting starting Villager count on some Empire Wars RBW4 maps.
6 Likes

" * Resources can no longer be dropped off at an unpacking Town Center."

an unpacking TC?

1 Like

Yeah unpacked TCs are a scenario editor unit

4 Likes

These events got worse and worse. Now you have to own the DLC before you can do any challenge at all. Nice way to force players to buy the DLC :rofl:

While this Event is active, everyone will be able to play as the Civilizations contained in the popular expansion – the Burgundians and the Sicilians! This is true for all players, whether you own Lords of the West or not. The Civs will be playable in Multiplayer or Skirmish matches, and we’re including a fun group of Challenges specific to the Civs alongside some super cool rewards

4 Likes

Ah, havent read that part. That is great :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s here!!!

But the truth is there are lots of crash after this update, whether PVE or PVP, based on my own experience and the complaints of players around me.

1 Like

This update has about killed my desire to want to mod this game.

I am very displeased

Bug: Team Empire Wars Ranked only lets you ban 1 map in 2v2 instead of 2 maps (when disabling 3v3 and 4v4 options). Random Map Ranked still works properly

Oh my god!!! Thank you, devs!!! This is fucking amazing!!! Yay!!! I can’t believe it, I get to play the civs for free!!! Yay!!! I’m gonna play AoE II right now and I won’t ever stop. I don’t have to pay $10 for two civs!!!

2 Likes

Only for 13 daysssss

1 Like

Still great.

Hi guys, so I just completed the second challenge to win as the Burgundians straight after having signed in to Xbox Live to get the first one. The Event Mods however is showing the Coustillier statue as only “Temporarily Unlocked”. How to make it permanent when I already completed the very first challenge?

Since the update all the unit skin allocations I had setup in the dat file of my Data mod have been moved about or something, thus most unit/building skins I allocated no longer appears, no sprites appear at all.

(I am sure this will happen oce more upon the release of the next DLC as well)

Can anyone aid me in how to copy / rectify my data mod to work with this new update.
(Appart from me having to individually re allocate each and every unit to a sprite ID)

I made a copy of my mods dat file prior to the update, is it possible to use AGE, in order to import that data to the new Updated data set?

Like a copy/paste option?
A tutorial would be most appreciated.

???

I read somewhere that it’s the hun’s civ jingle.

1 Like

Can anyone confirm if you can get achievements while in co-op?

at 2:11 you can hear the sounds