📜 Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition — Update 50292

What change did that? I think update was good improvement

Finally ranked EW, but it looks like it breaks the servers. You cant play multiplayer at all anymore:

This really needs an hotfix.

All servers down or just UK?

I am getting an error when trying to log into multiplayer services. Based in China. but others are saying they are getting in. No idea. :frowning:

I played Sforza 4th map last night, tried to load game after update and it crashes. I tried a few different load games and they all crashed. Restating the mission from campaign screen, saving it and then loading it works, but i lost progress on that map so I have to play again. No biggie…this time i will crush them faster! :heart:

Seems like opening the new updated C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\AoE2DE\resources_common\dat\ empires2_x2_p1.dat causes the AGE Editor to crash. Anyone knows whats the fix?

I played through Steam and got two achievements on XBox - 5 Franks victories and completion of Kotyan Khan. I was playing Tours…

The official changelog is found here:
https://www.ageofempires.com/news/aoe2de-update-50292/

Let’s give feedback/discuss!

See also the announcement thread:

1 Like

what is: “Resources can no longer be dropped off at an unpacking Town Center.”

Unpacking as meaning building?

Liking the farmers working on the center of the farm rather than the left side

Wow! So Spirit of the Law needs to update his farming video yet again? I assume there is no longer an efficiency benefit to start farms on the right side of the TC?

10 Likes

He will probably wait until after the Dukes DLC, there will probably be one if not two new farming things :joy:

3 Likes

The game doesn’t seem to run worse than before, and so far i didn’t faced someone crashing :slight_smile:
edit: Now there are tons of reports of people crashing since the update, both in sp and mp.

I still have my frame time bug tho FRAME TIME BUG, micro lag, performance issue, video stutter

1 Like

I like all of it, and cannot wait to unlock the Knight skin.

2 Likes

Disregard, the auto updater wasn’t working

1 Like

stupid update:

1. mods still being removed in every new patch released
  2. now picking up random might end up having Sicilians and Burgundians
2 Likes
  1. I experienced a crash in a SP game out of no reason.
  2. Still no small tree options.

The rest seems good so far. Looking forward to DotD news.

Seems like playing single player save game will cause a direct crash

1 Like

Isnt this already the feedback / discussion thread?

that’s the announcement thread