📜 Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition — Update 50292

didnt you understand what i mean with that rly ?
Honestly i dont know the difference between Crush or Crash
Game just went to desktop with no reason (hope u understand)
Game freezed so i was forced to alt+f4 (hope u understand)

He knows what you mean, it’s just that he’s trying to correct your wording / crash is like a car crashing into a pole or a computer program suddenly crashing and no longer working / crush is to crush a can of coke between your forehead and your palm until it’s smaller and condensed or to crush eggs beneath your feet and so on

1 Like

For 1 vs 1 arabia just gotta heal them often in the castles using herbal meds and they work just fine with the trashbows defending them

Somewhat confusing with this new “Lords of the West” event, for the recent AoE 3 event, I thought the reward for completing it would be the free content of “Lords of the West” xDDDDD

Umm, he’s a famous YouTuber and a beloved community member.

That doesn’t make anyone exempt from being stupid.
His recent videos (not the person) were pretty stupid

But you have to be nice to him, he makes content for us.

Could you perhaps provide assistance on how to copy it over effectively?
All my unit sprite/skin allocations (Of my ‘‘Historical Accuracy’’ Data mod) have been wipped and I wish to copy the allocation data from my (pre update) .dat file to the new (Post Update) dat file.

Could you provide me with aid in how to accomplish this?

Thank you for your time.

Hello Age DE Team,

With update 50292 My Game crash multiple times during game playing on ranked or even on unranked. does anyone have same issue ? I saw on twitches hoang games also crash during playing…

thanks.

in genie you can open multiple instances of the editor at once, im jyst going to open my mod in one, open a fresh new one with the update, and copy everything over using the copy buttons, you can copy from one editor to another, also suprisingly you can copy an entry from aoe1 over to aoe2 as well, though i dont reccomend that.

im going to use the opportunity to better organize and get rid of unused stuff i had experimented with.

Wonderful, Thank you. is it best to have the mod you are working on in the local mods folder in a sepporate folder and then just upload it form there or more it to the in game mods/local folder once you are ready to upload?

I just copy the folder structure and change the version number, edit the text file in there with new number and replace the .dat with the new one im making. that way i still have the old and the game cant get confused. all done in the local mods folder, just like making a new mod.

i also keep my own personal work folder with copies of each version on mu desktop with shortcuts to the local mods folder, the aoe prog files folder, etc. the game will load whatever you have in that local folder each time you start up so it should be kept clean for fast starts.

i accidentally copied my entire work folder into the local and my load time was more than 10 minutes, having over a gig of extra files in there lol.

1 Like

Noted. Thank you good sir.

We greatly apologize for the newly-introduced crashes. We are actively working on a hotfix for these issues and will have an update on this soon.

5 Likes

Thanks, because lately I experience a lot of those. They weren’t present at all in the PUP build which confuses me quite a bit. You should update your PUP branch with the latest build more often.

We are working on a hotfix for this. Thank you for your patience!

2 Likes

We’re very saddened to hear this. Can you by chance give us any feedback on why and what we can do to improve?

1 Like

We had a brief server outage but servers should be back up now. Please let us know if that’s not the case.

1 Like

Hello Community!

The recent Update was our biggest ever and delivered some pretty major changes, including the introduction of Co-Op (with more content coming soon). We wanted to drop a quick note and let you know that we’ve been monitoring for issues, and we’ll be delivering a Hotfix next week to address bugs we’ve seen reported, including problems loading Saved Games from the prior build version and some crashes that are occurring around Achievements. Until then, have fun playing as the Persians in that first Gajah Mada scenario – that’s also being fixed. :wink:

We’ll be following up very soon, and then continuing to monitor to see if other issues pop up that need our attention.

4 Likes

I thought the update was pretty small tbh :thinking: