Hey Age fans!
Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition released just one day ago, and we’re already blown away by all the support and passion shown by the community!
You’ve also reported some ongoing issues (thanks for your feedback! ), and our team worked overnight to put together a fix for several critical issues. In the interest of getting you a stable build ASAP, we limited the number of issues we’re attempting to tackle with this patch; rest assured that we’ll keep working, and plan to have another update for you next week!
Here are the issues we’ve resolved as of today’s patch:
- Performance/Optimization: Fixed an issue causing a low frame rate lock on some machines. (1)(2)(3)
- Localization: Fixed an issue preventing the game from starting in the system’s default language. (2)
- Mods: Fixed an issue which prevented mods from showing as available for some players.
We know there are still outstanding issues for some users, and we plan to address them as soon as possible. Please continue to report anything affecting your experience at aoe.ms/support!
—The Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition team
(1) An outstanding issue remains where usernames employing characters such as emojis can result in severely hindered performance. This will be resolved officially in a patch next week; as a workaround, please consider temporarily removing emojis and other non-standard characters from your username.
(2) This fix is live today in the Steam build; it will be available in the Microsoft Store build next week.
(3) Please continue to raise any outstanding issues to our support team at aoe.ms/support so they can provide one-on-one assistance.