Age of Empires IV — Patch 7989

Is the Mongol TC patch only denying placement near an opponents original first TC or does it also include the opponents addition constructed TCs?

I am dissapointed cuz they didn’t balance any civs except mongols.

1 Like

I’m glad I didn’t spend a single cent on this hit in the face of a beta state game.
Sorry Microsoft/Relic, this is just embarrassing.

7 Likes

Only the mongol starting TC can’t move to any enemy starting TC, nothing is changed beyond that.

• A mongol starting TC can move to an enemy secondary TC
  • A mongol secondary TC can move to an enemy starting TC
  • A secondary TC can be built near an enemy starting TC
1 Like

Hmm :thinking: :face_with_monocle: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: balance” team”???

Pls guys STOP complaining about the devs. The devs are like gods, they are working on something beyond human comprehension, thats why is taking so much time. Please stop complaining or they will stop listening us and maybe even abandoning us…They are not giving us any sign of work? That’s because you need to have faith! YOUR opinion doesn’t matter what does matter is their wish and will.

3 Likes

Honestly I would be really happy if they at least fixed naval balance. This one is also a glaring issue and it was there before even mongol tc drop was a thing!

Thank you all for your patience! As we’ve mentioned, this is going to be first of many patches we have for Age of Empires IV. As mentioned in the first announcement: this is a small patch, which focused on a few high volume bugs and the Mongol town center. We’ll have more updates for the community coming pretty soon.

We know not every fix or issue will get solved in each patch, but keep talking about what you want to see be updated, fixed, or changed as we’re constantly monitoring and reporting feedback to the dev team across all our channels.

5 Likes

This is a good change IMO this should be applied to castles and towers no castle should be allowed to be build next to another castlez is is stupid, it removes Immersion and it doesn’t make any sense and 4 reason is that castles are defensive structures not offensive… I know that people love to abuse on this in age 2 but that was a design flaw that original devs states time ago.

Currently the issue that worries me the most is the bug with the prelates, I use to make a lot of them to buff villagers but they suddenly stop buffing units…the think that this is taking a lot of time to be fixed is concerning

Thanks for your anwser @aocashleylynn , the best would be a weekly or biweekly update on known issues at least. Most of the issues we reported is not even added to the list as “tracking”.

1 Like

That requires a entire game overhaul IMO, that should be in a big patch not near, I would be nice if devs allows to ban water maps like in Company of heroes in which you can mark 3 maps you don’t want to play…

No, the only appropriate places to have those discussions are on any of the platforms I handle for work: our forums, the official discord, or the steam forums. Also our socials, though those are handled by other members of the Community Team!

2 Likes

Not really, naval maps were quite fun during the stress test and it was one of the things I liked the most about the game. They just need to get rid of the age2 hulk and give france a galley like other civs have and leave hulk to age3.

Thank you for chiming in, really appreciated!

We would be more interested in what your dev team wants to update, fix and change as we are still missing any form of roadmap for this game.

Lists like these are up there since the closed beta, so I’d say at this point it is your turn to report to us :wink:

3 Likes

My biggest frustration was that the Rus relic issue wasn’t fixed. This should have been top priority as soon as it was discovered.

1 Like

I think the reason they are so slow is because the game was finished in a beta version, they are working to finish the game, luckily we have few problems, so they were lucky
anyway, they should be much faster,
when i stop to think if i wanted to make some change myself (balance) in the age of empires 3 i would do it in a few minutes, are they taking weeks to do that in ageIV? what happens ?
hopefully they can speed up the patching process as quickly as possible before the game becomes a big flop…

1 Like

Well I just tested the performance and there is still a huge fps drop when you move the camera the more buildings on maps the more fps drops, I don’t think they fix anythinI think the drop is less that before but still we should not have fps drops by just moving the camera…

Ahh, a fellow man of taste and culture!
But it is a bit unfair to compare things to 3DE*. Both work done on the game itself and post-release support are extraordinary. Outside of some passion indie early access projects on Steam, it’s hard to come up with a game (from recent memory) with better support.
Here is the latest patch (and consider the money it made, marketing behind it etc):
Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition — Update 50830 - Age of Empires
It’s good to the point I almost feel bad they are putting some much work into this, with ‘new hot IV’ being released and gathering all attention… New maps, features, trickle of small and medium-sized content, balance and performance tweaks and even bigger things on the horizon- ’ What’s On the Horizon’ section alone makes me moist.
New stuff released since v1.0 is just crazy.

*well - also to 2DE, but in some ways 3DE feels more impressive to me in certain aspects.

4 Likes

please be sarcasm lol

What’s really disturbing is that a lot of these critical bugs were in the first closed beta that I was in several months ago. The closed beta forums had massive threads reporting these issues and making them apparent. Some Pro players even went realllllly in-depth about some of the major issues that still exist.

That was months ago and our first official patch takes non of that feedback into consideration. The AOE4 live team must be a skeleton crew and they moved the rest of their team to other projects. This is a rough look.

2 Likes