Age of Empires IV

@noeL_ said:

@kigbariom said:
Judging by the images in the trailer, it looks like the game might span up until the Edo period of Japan, so early 1800s. That’s perfect IMO, I wouldn’t want the game to go full into modern technology like EE or RoN. Very excited!!!

Those are cuts from AoE3! I think it’s likely that it moves past that period into the late 1800/early 1900s.

They have to go back to medieval times. Bring back the goliath AOE II TC! IM SO HYPE

If is a WW age of empires…I will disappointed.

Thanks you very much for this AoE IV !!! It’s incredible !!! Dreams come true !!!

So… I’m pretty sure the game is not going to be available for Mac, right?

@“Lord Snipe69” said:
Looking forward to seeing the development. What age are you in? Dark? castle? imperial? post-Imperial? How do you turn this thing on?

It might be as the last page of AoE 3 manual said ‘modern’

That’s what I’ve been waiting for Ages!

So any idea if its coming out this year or next year?

Beatiful, i can’t wait for the release!

@sonictimm said:
AOE DE, along with II and III DE, are all being made to revive and grow the AOE fanbase in preparation for AOE IV.

They will make IV a guaranteed hit.

Now it all makes sense!!!

Were AoE2 DE and/or AoE3 DE announced? If so, is there a link?

@“Andy P” said:

@sonictimm said:
AOE DE, along with II and III DE, are all being made to revive and grow the AOE fanbase in preparation for AOE IV.

Here you are good sir:

https://www.ageofempires.com/news/age-of-empires-event-at-gamescom-live-wrap-up/

Dude,i love this game so hard and i need the beta test

Life is Beautiful

Many years waiting for another AOE!!!

Thank you for this!!! Me and my brother grew up playing AOE, we never stopped!!! It’s really a dream coming true!!!

Im so happy that they care about old aoe3 aswell. The community thought MS had forsaken us. after 9 years they make a new patch for the game which was going thru it’s dying phase.

@rhrmn said:

@“Andy P” said:

@sonictimm said:

Here you are good sir:

Age of Empires event at Gamescom Live - Wrap Up! - Age of Empires

Thanks. Just saw this:
AOE 2, 3 Definitive Edition announcement: https://youtu.be/8nBZO7WTSsI?t=5016

See 1:23:56

Finally! I’ve been waiting for a long time, didn’t make sense such an amazing franchise would be over…

I’m stoked and looking forward to what’s coming…

What if the game spans the entire of human history? What if you start out in antiquity, and end in the 1800’s?

Not sure if that would work, but I guess it’s a possibility.

@Plasticcaz said:
What if the game spans the entire of human history? What if you start out in antiquity, and end in the 1800’s?

Rise of Nations is already at Windows Store, you can play it and go through the ages :wink:

@KingDarBoja said:

@Plasticcaz said:

Rise of Nations is already at Windows Store, you can play it and go through the ages :wink:

Not until September 14th.

I would like to see this too, but I have a feeling Relic was selected for their work on Company of Heroes, which may mean a modern warfare AoE IV.

Awesome news! My only 2¢ is to stay away from pulling design ideas from AOE3!

Keep it close to AOE & AOE2 and you’ll have a hit on your hands again.